Menu choices - opinions please!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

maltabride2011 Posts: 987
Hi girls, We're in the process of finalising our menu choices and are totally stuck on the starters! We've chosen our main courses: rump steak or chicken wrapped in parma ham, and one of the starters: duck salad, but are totally stumped on the other starter choice! The options we have narrowed it down to are: Chilled Melon Soup Spinach & Ricota Ricciole Cheese & Spinach Tortellini with chicken. There are other options which are mostly fish, but since OH and I don't really eat fish we kind of ruled it out, but do you think it would be a better option than any of the above? We're conscious that it will be very warm so are concerned the pasta might be too heavy so were leaning towards the soup but it sounds a bit weird!! Any opinion would be much appreciated, thanks wollies! :thnk
Fuss Pot Posts: 405
I think the Cheese & Spinach Tortellini with chicken sounds lovely! I'd go with that as starter and rump steak as my main if I was at your wedding! :wv
07Bride2012 Posts: 130
I'm not a fan of fish either but I know we've quite a few vegetarians coming so planning on putting it on the menu for them. Can you try the soup? As im a big melon fan but agree melon soup sounds a bit different!
Thanks Bride2B11 & 07Bride2012, really appreciate it, in a tissy here as need to make the decision asap! :o0 I'd be a big fan of soup as well but I'm worried about it being chilled, sounds a bit strange! I don't know if we'll have a tasting before the wedding because we only have a few days in Malta before the wedding..... It would really help though! I think we have a couple of vegetarians as well so am hoping to have a separate menu for them, but must discuss with WP!
vulgarpicture Posts: 571
I would go with Cheese & Spinach Tortellini with chicken, sounds yummy!! I also love chilled soup, but i am aware that a lot of people hate it so might be a less safe choice!
Jane Smith Posts: 3158
I just googled the melon soup and it sounds and looks delicious. Perfect i think for a wedding abroad in warm weather.
dresstoimpress Posts: 1719
I agree you should have some seafood on the menu. A pasta started can be very heavy, especially in a hot climate. Have you options for a fish starter?
mrs2013 Posts: 213
I would choose the chilled melon soup. I love melon and chilled mellon soup i think would be perfect on a hot day.
Hi girls, thanks so much for all your replies, really appreciate it! :thnk Didn't think so many people would opt for the melon, very interesting! Dresstoimpress our fish options are two variations of salmon with prawns, one's a carpaccio of salmon! Right, one more debate with H2B about it all and decision will be made! Thanks again! xxx
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
[quote="07Bride2012":27ib8nra]I'm not a fan of fish either but I know we've quite a few vegetarians coming so planning on putting it on the menu for them. Can you try the soup? As im a big melon fan but agree melon soup sounds a bit different![/quote:27ib8nra] Sorry but just had to point out that vegetarians don't eat fish so don't put this on your menu for them. I have a friend who is a vegetarian and she HATES when people think it means she still eats fish. If your friends do actual eat fish then they are not vegetarians they are Pescetarians.