Menu

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sweetchic Posts: 60
Hi All I know its a long time before I have to make final decision about the menu we are having for our guests on the day, but I want to ask ye're opinion. I dont want to have salmon on the menue but H2B thinks you need to have a fish dish. As we have only having 2 choices and normally with salmon you would have beef as the other choice, but I'm not a beef lover. Could you have 2 meat dishes and no fish choice?? Thanks for ye're help Sweetchic
fifle Posts: 132
You could have beef and chicken?
dulchiebride Posts: 69
Hey, We are having beef and chicken, I like beef and he likes the chicken and I reckon most people with eat one or the other, if not they can have the vegetarian dish. Go with what you like, it will be the most expensive meal you have ever had so you may as well enjoy it! DB *)
wifin Posts: 4761
I reckon beef or chicken as there are some people who won't eat any kind of fish and there are people who don't eat any red meat whereas most people eat chicken (except vegetarians obv!) and if not they can have the veggie option...
ditzypixie Posts: 1397
Of course you can. A lot of people don't like fish anyway. And some will complain no matter what you do so do what you want. *)
Thanks ladies I've made up my mind, no salmon. I was actually thinking beef and turkey and ham. I love turkey and ham and its a popular dish.
Thanks ladies I've made up my mind, no salmon. I was actually thinking beef and turkey and ham. I love turkey and ham and its a popular dish.
mama Posts: 126
We are having Lamb and Chicken, he chose Lamb over beef, and at the menu trial we tested both chicken and salmon and decided the chicken was much tastier. I would have loved to have a different fish dish (as I love fish, but just not overly fond of salmon) but was told that a lot of Irish only like salmon and not any other fish - so I said stuff that I'll have what I want :o0
October_2007 Posts: 937
We're having Lamb and Chicken too and hopefully this will suit most people. Im not a vegetarin but I dont like red meat or fish and will only eat chicken! Actually, I was at an event recently where the starter was salmon, followed by a mushroom soup which i dont like, followed by main course which was choice of either fish or beef so basically I ate nothing the whole night!!
Tibby Posts: 346
i've ages to go yet too but to include my future mil i asked her for her oppinion on our menu and blew a gasket when she saw we are only offering a choice on the main course and not also starters. am i being mean??? would rather have a nice drinks reception with canapes... :eek :eek