Mic Christopher Tribute Gig, anyone going?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sassypants Posts: 4461
Vicar Street, tonight at 8.30pm - The Frames, The Mary Janes, Damien Rice, Damien Dempsey, The Coronas, Lisa Hannigan, Gemma Hayes and more Sounds like it's going to be a great night, seriously thinking about getting a ticket! Any Wollies going?
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
not going but it sounds like a great line up. Am surprised that there are still tickets left!! you should go :o)ll
Jane Smith Posts: 3158
Would love to Sassypants but unfortunately with it being a "school night" we couldn't make it from the opposite end of the country. :o( Love The Frames, Damien Rice (haven't heard him live in years) and The Coronas. If I was in Dublin I would definitely be there. If you can get a ticket you should take advantage and go!
Feck it, I really should go. If I can manage to get dressed and get out in the world (day off work, feeling very very lazy!)
hestia Posts: 2368
Hard to believe it's ten years. That was a great wee album he'd just released before his untimely death. Usual suspects lined up for the gig I see, but it's for a good cause and there should be a nice Christmassy vibe about it. Have fun those toddling along. Let us know how it goes.
I bit the bullet and bought my ticket, it's freezing outside and I'm going on my own but feck it, I'm sure it'll be a great night. Hestia - was it not released after his death? Cos I think a lot of the songs were just recorded in his bedroom and then backing singers etc added in studio after he died. Could be wrong. Very sad altogether, love his music. Listening to it now.
Good woman yourself Sassypants. Should be good surely. And I'm sure you're right about the album now you mention it. Just remember it coinciding with his death, or not long after like you say. 'Looking for Jude' can summon up the mood and madness of that time from the opening notes. Mad. He was one of the more interesting characters of that bunch. All very sad. Be sure to give us a review. Will be particularly interested to know if there was any latent frisson between Rice and Hannigan. Re-united and it feels so goooooooood hehe. Have fun.
It was a brilliant gig. Went on from 8.30 to 1am so great value for money!! The Frames, The Mary Janes, Paddy Casey, The Coronas, Mundy, Nina Hynes, Mark Geary, Mike Scott from The Waterboys, Paul Brady and loads more that I didn't know, played. It was lovely and there were loads of stories about Mic Christopher. His daughter even came on and sang a song (turns out he didn't even know he had a daughter, so sad) she was stunning and a fabulous singer. I was bawling at the end of it! I'd say the two women sitting beside me were thinking "this one is a right sap" as I was there alone and singing along and clapping like a loon. So glad I went, am going to make an effort to go to more gigs. (Hestia - no Damien Rice or Lisa Hannigan, was waiting for the tension!)
luckyladee Posts: 2550
Only seeing this now - but I was there too Sassy. Fantastic gig. My family is involved with a lot of the musicians so we blagged our way in. Was worth the trek into town :-) Skylarkin - what an album!!!
So they were both absent Sassy. (granny voice) Well, now, how about that. Good stuff. Would've been worth it for Mike Scott alone. Hear the new stuff is the business.