Mic Christopher Tribute Gig, anyone going? - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

donegaldrift Posts: 2
hi all, i had never really heard much of mic chrisptopher (other than heyday), but i went along to the gig and it was fantastically excellent. great lineup, great stories about mic, even from his father. a truly great night. i've just one question for anyone that was there one of the opening songs was sang by someone (I think he said his name was philip walsh.... but not sure) tall chap with glasses. he was one of the first 3/4 songs and possibly called tulip. if anyone knows if they could let me know. thanks all
Jane Smith Posts: 3158
Hey donegaldrift, I wasn't at gig but saw this setlist on boards.ie. Sounds like a great night. Can you maybe spot what you were looking for from it? Philip Marshall maybe? Here is pretty much the full setlist, probably one or two missing though. Party Game - Glen and MJs Sham - Eoin Glackin and MJs Bored of their Laughter - Philip Marshall and MJs Cut Me Loose - Matthew Devereux and MJs Colm Mac Con Iomaire + 2 Others [Concertina and Uillean Pipes] - Jigs Pete Courtney and MJs Eoin Dillon Scullion – John The Baptist [With Poem intro, Everything is going to be alright] Scullion – Eyelids Into The Snow Mark Geary and The Frames Mike Scott and The Frames – This Is The Sea Mike Scott and The Frames – Fishermans Blues Peter Murphy Ken O'Neill [Don't know First name] Roche and her Son Kids, Interference, Mundy, The Frames – Kids Song Interference and The Frames – Breakout Interference and The Frames - Gold Claire Nicholson - Centurion Nina Hynes - Curious Notion Miriam Ingram - Who Knows Where The Time Goes Glen Hansard and Matthew Devereux - Listen Girl Paul Brady - Hard Station Paul Brady – Arthur McBride Poem – ‘He’s a true one fardadadididdle, He’s A True one and I tell you...’ Mundy and MJs – Winesong Mundy and MJs – Lyin’ Down Tony Fitz and MJs – Part Of Me Aimee Christopher and MJs - Bones Jerry Fish - Story Of An Artist Jerry Fish – True Friends Acko, Swanny and The Frames - Healing has Begun Canice Keanely and The Frames - The One I Love Paddy Casey, The Frames and MJs - Friends The Coronas and everyone else – Heyday Skylarkin – The Frames and Matthew Devereux The Frames, Matthew Devereux, Kids, Acko, Someone From Crowd - You Ain’t Goin Nowhere Harry Christopher and The Frames – Wooden Heart Harry Christopher and The Frames – Suspicious Minds Liam O Maonlai and everyone one – Forever Young
donegaldrift Posts: 2
thank you jane smith............. i even found 5 videos from the night on you tube, including the one i was looking for. what a great night. thanks again.....