Micra dermabrasion

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Hi booked in for micra dermabrasion today. A girl i work with got it done last week and it was fab got rid of all her blackheads and her skin is glowing. Do you know if its safe to get done in pregnancy? I cant see why not cos its just cleansing and a deep exfoliation but just to be sure. Thanks.
NewGirl Posts: 1143
Would love to get this done too, would be interested to know also. Did you ask where you booked it?
Baby on the brain Posts: 67
My beautician said it was safe during pregnancy. Chemical peels are not
Thanks girls, i didnt ask initially cos i have a tiny bit of psorasis on my face and they were wary of doing it and i didnt want to put them off doing it completely. :-8
mrs celtickitten Posts: 877
Hi girls, Also interested in getting this done. Not PG though by the way in case some of the regulars on other forums think i have been keeping a secret. Can I be cheeky and ask how much this costs? Thanks, Mrs C
gogglebox Posts: 910
Depends... it can range from 50 Euro to 120 depending on where you go
mrs celtickitten Posts: 877
[quote="gogglebox":1dh0wqg8]Depends... it can range from 50 Euro to 120 depending on where you go[/quote:1dh0wqg8] cheers must look into it. how many sessions do ya need????
gogglebox Posts: 910
It depends why you want it done - and if you need to see a 'dramatic' result. If you do, you'll probably want more. I was told to have 3 and see how it went. I could go for a course of 6 if I wanted and just pay for 5 treatments (special offer they had on). I think the norm is that they recommend 5-6 but the place near me said try 3... if you like it, then have more. I don't think there's a limit on how many you can have, but you can't have them any closer than 10 days apart.
Got it done, ok to do if pregnant. I didnt see a major difference, i have fairly good skin anyway but have a lot of blackheads on nose and chin and i heard it removed them. The ones on my nose are still there but ones on my chin gone and skin feels smoother. I would say you need a few goes to completely get rid of them. I got it done in Ealu in Naas they have special offer until end of May €50 instead of usual €100.