Microdermobrasion

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

SEPTBRIDE2006 Posts: 95
Hi, Does anyone have any info on microdermobrasion? What it involves, where in Dublin you can get it done, how much etc.
notlongnow Posts: 474
hi septbride i've had it done before, along with skin peel (not nearly as terrible as they made it out on s*x in the city!). it involves the dermatologist rubbing some little vibrating thingy on your face so that dead layers of skin are removed and lines etc are lessened. i LOVE LOVE it! and am booked in for another treatment of the two about 6 weeks before my wedding. ur skin looks polished afterwards and will stay like that for about 6 months. i would recommend you go to a qualified dermatologist to do it, dont want to end up looking like samantha!!! enjoy!
SEPTBRIDE2006 Posts: 95
Thanks a million notlongnow. Have heard a lot of positives about it. Can I ask you where you got yours done, and how much it was?
hi septbride i've just pm'd u the details (sorry- didnt want to post contact details etc in public)... :)
b2b_Aug06 Posts: 68
Hi Notlongnow, would you mind pm'ing me details as well. I have some nasty lines coming in on my forhead and beside my mouth, and have been considering getting this done.
Addict Posts: 116
Hi Girls, If you are dublin based, they do microdermabradion in Therapie in Molesworth st. I would also agree that it is brilliant and well worth the expense!
Mrs Curly Posts: 499
How many sessions did you get? Does one on its own make any difference? Was there a noticeable reduction in fine lines or was it just that your skin looked more radiant? Convince me girls - I've booked one for tomorrow morning and have until close of business today to cancel if I don't think it'll be worthwhile!
hi curly- sorry only saw your post this morning! so did u go? how was it if so?? i've only been for one treatment- (involving both the skin peel and microdermabrasion). i personally think there was an improvement in the lines, i had a v deep one between my eyes that was less visible. the main thing is the freshness and texture of the skin after... so tell us how it went!!? :D
Mrs Curly Posts: 499
Thanks Notlongnow! Appointment is for tomorrow (Thurs) morning. Not too sure what to expect. Had toyed with the idea of a peel, but my skin is rather sensitive so opted for this instead (or first anyway). Have a few lines appearing, that are particularly evident when I'm tired, so thought this might minimise them. Are you booking more than the one? Did they say how long the effects would last with just the one session?
hi curly- never thought to check the date on ur original post, sorry for the confusion! in terms of how long the effects last- i think it varies according to skin type and age. also, because i got both the peel and abrasion done at once, i couldnt tell which had an effect more than the other. i would guess that u may need to get it done more regularly if ur just get dermabrasion done, but again- thats a complete guess. the ppl doing it for you tomorrow will be able to explain all. not much help at all from me- sorry! if u do go- i hope it goes well and fill us in on the info! :)