Mid wife visit

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

NotHere Posts: 10273
Hey all, Have my first mid-wife visit next Monday, any clues as to what happens? I have some sample pee bottles so I'll bring one with me. But what else should I expect? Will I have to drop the cacks? :-8 :o0
gogogirl Posts: 1071
[quote="Flutterby.":s0878f1p]Hey all, Have my first mid-wife visit next Monday, any clues as to what happens? I have some sample pee bottles so I'll bring one with me. But what else should I expect? Will I have to drop the cacks? :-8 :o0[/quote:s0878f1p] :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 PMSL.. How our dignity goes out the window for babs
Sphynx Posts: 6795
No idea Flutterby - haven't met any midwives yet and don't think I will until I land in the labor ward!! I think it's a great idea to meet a midwife beforehand - I would be very interested to hear how you get on. I would be surprised if you had to "drop the caks" :o0 Neither my gp nor my consultant seem very interested in that department at this stage!
Cool, would like to avoid the cacks dropping for another while! :o0 What it said on my visit thingy is that she will talk through diets etc. I suppose she'll do bloods and stuff? I was wondering if there is a chance of listening to heartbeat? I suppose it's too early though, I'll only be 9 and a half weeks.
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Don't know if she will try to listen to the heartbeat - I think it's a little early? My doc refused to try to listen for me at 12 weeks as she said it would be too early and didn't want to panic me if she couldn't pick anything up. I think you will definitely hear it from about 14 weeks. Good luck anyway!
Thanks Sphynx, I have my scan at 12 weeks 3 days so will wait for that. Obviously nervous about the scan, but like I said to hubbie, can't go through the whole pregnancy worrying that something might go wrong. I can imagine it is a huge sense of relief to see your babs kicking and playing though. :o)ll Will let ye know how I get on :wv
Mrs Lucy06 Posts: 929
Hey I had my first midwife visit at 18weeks, she took a sample, checked my bp, and felt around my belly & listened to babys heartbeat!!!! She also give me some leaflets & info!!! HTH Lucy
luigi Posts: 867
:o0 The cacks dont get dropped til the end! She will prob take your BP, check your urine, weigh you and work out your BMI. You should get your blood level checked too and your group in case you are rh-neg, she'll ask how you're feeling and might do a doppler to hear a heartbeat. No bother to you missy!
[quote="luigi":r9gawcor]: No bother to you missy![/quote:r9gawcor] :o0 Cheers big ears! :thnk