Midlands brides - feedback on County Arms Hotel in Birr??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Brigs Posts: 5
We've just booked the County Arms for our wedding reception next May, neither of us are from Offaly but liked the location and hotel. But neither of us has been to a wedding there and now I am starting to have nightmares about it!! :roll: Has anyone been to a wedding there, or know anything about the hotel??? Would really appreciate feedback. Thanks!!!
blissful lady Posts: 119
Hi Brigs! Just wondering if you decidied to go with this hotel? Have you any feedback on it or did you decided to go with it??? I have been down to view 3 times now and have been looking in Limerick, Tipp and Offaly area and I feel that it is by far the hotel with the most character- big country house but still modern at the same time. The 2 managers spent over 4 hours with us and our families and we had dinner there too and it was twas nice. They seemed to bend over backwards. We were also looking for something a little different. anyway we have provisionally booked it! and would love some feedback or anything that you have heard? thanks Briggs. Blissful
Brigs Posts: 5
Hi Blissful, We did go ahead with our holding our wedding in the County Arms, we got married there last May and the hotel and staff were absolutely amazing to us, I could not recommend them highly enough!! We spent the whole weekend in the hotel as neither of us are from Birr as did most of our guests and they could not do enough for us. It's quite unusal to find a family run hotel these days but because the Loughnane family run it themsleves it makes such a difference, the food was amazing, they did everything as we wanted on the day of the wedding and our guests were treated so well, so many of our friends and family told us afterwards how nice the staff had been etc. The only slightly negative thing is that they can be a little bit dis-organised but if you meet with Barry the manager and have him write down everyting you need it will be fine - they are not great to respond to emails! But again we had the most amazing time there, the food, the staff everything was amazing! Good luck with the wedding, feel free to send me any more questions you have. Brigs
blissful lady Posts: 119
Hey Briggs. Thats great to hear. Thanks so much. :thnk big congrats on been a newly wed! :o)ll Its exciting! Would you have any advice for me in dealing with them in the hotel??? Also do you have any pics of the room done up and the grounds? Would love to see them if you wouldnt mind. feel bad asking. :-8 did you get pics taken in birr castle? thanks again Briggs. Blissful