midlands pram shoppin ideas...PLEASE??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

rk16o Posts: 201
Hi there Just wondering if any1 has any good idea's of shops and where they are in and around the midlands, offaly, kildare, meath and westmeath area's.. just that cant seem to get a good idea of prams etc and cost of them. I know its early but hubby wants to get idea of what we will be looking for and wana head off window shoppin saturday some where. Any ideas? much appreciated if you can. Thanks girls
tinyfeet Posts: 3482
rk16o I'm in Cork but I got my pram in Smyths Toystore, they're doing great deals at the mo. I'm not familiar with Westmeath, Kildare etc. but I'm sure there are a few Smyths around! :wv
hipbaby Posts: 4530
Hi there is a big smyths in athlone just after lidl. Then the other side of town there is a really good shop called db cycles and babyland this is where i bought my Jane and all my car seats. Ann the girl who owns it really knows her stuff and is very straight telling you what you do and don't need. She has bugaboos as well. It wouldn't be the smartest of shops as her husband runs his bike shop from there also but you can't beat her for knowledge IMO. Let me know if you want directions. Also mullingar pharmacy has some prams as well.
goingmad Posts: 657
I'm in Tipperary & we took a spin up to Bump's N' Babies in Newry & ended up saving over €300 on a quinny & maxicosy car seat and base - well worth the trip & wouldn't be that far away from you at all.
rk16o Posts: 201
thanks girls for the advice looks like were gona hit atlone over the weekend. Thanks again,
Suprise Baby 09 Posts: 70
There is a brilliant place in Portlaoise called First Years it is out the Cork road down same road as O'Moore Park. We bought all our big stuff there, buggy, cot, car seat etc.... really good shop ,reasonable and the woman that owns it is very nice.
mammak Posts: 489
Hey, i'd second portlaoise, first years was great and they gave us money off everytime---also mothercare and ken blacks also in portlaoise - have everything you need really.