Minulet...pill

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

x_x Posts: 1823
OK girls - feedback please on this pill. I was on Dianette for years (acne) but came off it about 18 months ago due to the high levels of oestrogen or sthg. Then I was on microlite - not a fan...get quite ratty around period and the bigger thing (whole point of being on it) - sex drive at all time low!! I have had a bad year health wise and was off the pill for a while...and H2B didn't know himself, was like a walking horndog aorund the place. Anway (sorry for the waffle) - was back at the doc today and decided I'd go on Minulet...I know this is silly but I heard that your boobs get bigger on it. Always a plus. Just googled Minulet there and frightened the bejaysus outa myself. Increased chance of blood clots...severe depression to name but a few. Girls - any of you on it?!? How do you find it? Thanks in Advance...
MrsYippee Posts: 804
I've never heard of it Buggser but if I may I will suggest another option for you. After trying a good few different pills I was recommended the patch depo evra. Because you don't swallow it its not absorbed into the blood stream and so way less side effects...or something along those lines...yet it is still as effective as the pill. I found it great, no side effects whatsoever for me and it was just a plaster that I wore for a week and then replaced. I'm amazed that it is not recommended to more people. You should google it!
[quote="yippeejuly09":2agb003k]I've never heard of it Buggser but if I may I will suggest another option for you. After trying a good few different pills I was recommended the patch depo evra. Because you don't swallow it its not absorbed into the blood stream and so way less side effects...or something along those lines...yet it is still as effective as the pill. I found it great, no side effects whatsoever for me and it was just a plaster that I wore for a week and then replaced. I'm amazed that it is not recommended to more people. You should google it![/quote:2agb003k] Thanks for that! Did your doctor prescribe it? Will google it. Shelled out 60 bills to the doc for a prescription I am afraid to take! Aaah O:| (If anyone is following the karma thread - I am thinking...this is my come-uppance now for doing the deed before getting married - I know - I'm nuts...)
yes I went to one of the wellwoman clinics in town and spoke to a great no nonsense doc - told her was sick of mood swings and loss of libido etc and she suggested it to me. Think over the years I had been on 4 different pills previously and this was by far the best. I felt totally normal on it and it was just so easy to use as only had to remember to change it once a week!
highflyer Posts: 198
Hi Buggser, I was on minulet for years and never had any problems, i would be still on it but about 6 months ago when i went to get a repeat prescription it wasnt to be got from any chemist due to supplier problems so i had to change to another pill. i would have no problem going back on minulet though.
Biancee fiancee Posts: 907
I was on minulet for years (without any probs - and yes boobs became a healthier size!) and then about 2 yrs ago went for repeat prescription and doc told me it was off the market. Tried 2 other pills and neither suited so I went off the pill completely Found out recently that it either never went off the market or it cameback on to the market here...I am back on it now. Its the only pill I havent had probs with - highly recommend it. But contraception is such a personal thing. My advice would be to try it and see how you get on...
Oh thank you girls for the feedback!! I haven't started it yet, have about 4days left on microlite and would be then going onto minulet. I might try it for 2 months say and see how I go. Thanks again...
duffgirl78 Posts: 160
Buggser. I have been on tri-minulate (dont know if its the same one) for the past 4 months or so but had to come off it as the headaches and nausia for about 3 days before my period were debilitating. Like yourself I was on Dianette and Yasmin for about 13 years give or take and am now in limbo as to what to do. Was reading a thread on the coil so am going to mention this to my GP on Wednesay when I go to talk to her about my next course of action. Am all oily since coming off the Dianette so need something that will take care of this.
[quote="duffgirl78":246z1mf9]Buggser. I have been on tri-minulate (dont know if its the same one) for the past 4 months or so but had to come off it as the headaches and nausia for about 3 days before my period were debilitating. Like yourself I was on Dianette and Yasmin for about 13 years give or take and am now in limbo as to what to do. Was reading a thread on the coil so am going to mention this to my GP on Wednesay when I go to talk to her about my next course of action. Am all oily since coming off the Dianette so need something that will take care of this.[/quote:246z1mf9] Started minulet 2 days ago - no problems so far but I'm eating like a horse...could be totally unrelated though and be down to me just being a hunga! I think I will look into the coil or sthg - don't want anything too long though as H2B and me keep changing our minds as to when we will start trying for babies!! :o0
just wondering about the coil girls, I thought that was unsuitable until after you have your first child....is that just myth?