Miscarraige - Blighted Ovum

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lovethesite Posts: 1054
Hi Girls, Well, after some light discharge and a tiny bit of blood on Saturday the ultrasound confirmed a miscarraige this morning - Blighted Ovum, sac was measuring 9 weeks but no baby. Devastated doesn't even come close to describing how we feel but things could have been a lot worse. I think I would feel a lot worse if I saw an actual baby in there. I have to go in for a d&c on wed - any advice on this girls would be great (I wish it was over) :o( We're hoping to try again as soon as possible, i'd love to hear any sucess stories that will helpme through the next few weeks xxx
fifibelle Posts: 4447
Oh honey I am so so sorry to hear your news. Was thinking about you today and praying for the best. There are lots of girls on here who can support you re D&C. So sorry for your little bean. O:o) BIG HUGS!!! :action31
Shalmar Posts: 529
Oh God lovethissite I am terribly sorry that you are going through this. Massive Hugs :xxx :xxx :xxx The D&C ( or ERPC) is very straightforward. I was taken in at 8.30 in the morning I think and was released at around 4, a lot of that time was spent resting in bed. They may give you a couple of tablets to take that morning, it is to soften the cervix I think. The nurse will take some bloods & ask you some questions so any concerns you have can be brought up with him/her. The doctor will also be there to answer any questions, they were all extremely sympathetic and kind. I just stayed in bed all this time and my DH was able to stay with me all the time right up until I was taken in for the procedure. The actual procedure is only about 20 mins and obviously under general. I was then wheeled back to bed and after a couple of hours the doctor came around again and said I was good to go. You will probably have some spotting in the days afterwards and its very important to rest, I had 2 weeks off work in total but was actually only signed off for a week, physically would have probably been ok to return then. Obviously emotionally it will take longer so really really look after each other as I am sure you are already doing. I was so scared of the D&C as I had no idea what it entailed, but it's really nothing to worry about, you will be absolutely fine. PM me if you like, I know how upsetting it all is. :xxx X
zoey Posts: 1574
Hi lovethesite, I'm so so sorry to hear about your terrible loss- you poor thing - it's such a difficult experience. I've unfortunately had to go through two d&c's. The process itself is absolutely fine - just very sad. However, you might like to know that apparently you are very fertile after a d&c. I had been trying for 15 months then got pregnant straight away. Sadly, I also lost that little bean but I got pregnant immediately again after the second d&c and now I have a healthy baby boy. Try not to worry about the d&c - you've been through the worst already. Hearing the news that your baby is gone is the hardest thing ever. I'll say a prayer for you that you'll carry a healthy little bean soon. Take care of yourself. :action32