Miscarriages & Pregnancy

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

PMA Posts: 113
Hi girls, I need advice! I am about to start TTC. I have a toddler, and he's perfect, but before him I had four miscarriages. My husband and I are preparing ourselves for the fact that we may miscarry again, just wondering if anyone was in the same boat as us? I know everyone is different, but we're so nervous, and would love to hear others experiences.
jamseyjo Posts: 1132
I dont have any advice but i did have a mc when trying for my 2nd. Was there any investigation into your 4 mc or was there a reason for them?
Yeah we atteneded the Miscarriage Clinic, they couldn't give us an exact reason for the miscarriages, they gave me a higher dosage of folic acid, and later on I found out I was Rheusis Neg, so they said that MAY have been a reason but couldn't say for definite. I've got the folic acid on prescription now, and I'm ready to go! (I think)
jamseyjo Posts: 1132
Well the fact that you had a healthy pregnancy and now have a healthy toddler should go in your favour. You've done it before so you can do it again. Keep the faith. Hopefully someone else will reply who'd been in your situation.
Sleep Monster Posts: 2829
Sorry to hear of your four mc. That must have been really tough. Thank god you have your LO now. Not the same experience but I have two DS's and have had three mc. I'm now (hopefully) expecting no 3. Anecdotally I would hear people struggling to conceive initially and then finding it quite easy after the first, as if the body finally clicks! Oh so that's what I'm supposed to do :) so please god that will be the case for you. Aside from the physical, emotionally I found it hard to consider trying again this time and feel really nervous that things will go wrong again. Are you the same? There are no guarantees of course, but I think you will be fine!!! Best of luck x
Thanks Sleep Monster, awh you'll be perfect this time. I am sending you all the positive thoughts in the world. Did you MC before your DS's or during? Yeah I am very nervous, I actually don't think I'd be able to cope with the heartache again. But on the other hand, all the heartache before my DS was worth every tear when he came along perfect!