Missed (24wk) combined care appointment with GP?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

zig and zag Posts: 298
Ever happen to anyone? My gp is changing to a different location & moving all files/patients etc & I've been trying to get appointment with him for 24week check so I've to ring again this week & see if there's availability. I'll be going for my hospital appointment next week (28weeks) and thinking would I be ok not going to gp? I've never missed an appointment on my last pregnancy or this one apart from now so wondering what do you think? I am 27weeks tomorrow & pregnancy is going well so far, getting plenty of kicks (such an amazing feeling) the past few weeks.
Anyone??
LizaMinnelli Posts: 171
As far as I know it's no big deal - I asked the midwife at my booking appointment about the GP visits and she said only use them if you need them. I felt the wait from my 11 week hospital apt to my 22 week apt was very long so I booked in half way through with GP as I wasn't feeling great. She took bloods, urine, BP and listened to HB with doppler. If I had been feeling fine though I don't think I would have gone. HTH! :wv
Thanks a mill for that :) I am feeling fine apart from getting bigger & more uncomfortable (the joys!) I think I'll leave it til midwives appointment.
dita Posts: 960
if your feeling fine I don't see why you need to go I didn't really stick to any set weeks for my checkups..they don't do that much in GPs anyway..
That's exactly it Dita, thanks for your reply too :)