MOB hat..too big??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bright Star Posts: 756
Hi Girls, My mams hat is al ittle big on her and im just wondering is there anything she can do (put on inside ) to make it more fitted..Any advice greatly appreciated as always :wv
FunnyFace Posts: 225
Hickey's and Debenhams have special inserts you can buy to reduce the size of a hat's band. If you're not in Dublin, any habedashery should sell Hat fits (hatfitz brandname) or hatband. Link below http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... _650983_-1 :thnk
mentalrebel Posts: 1603
Hey Bright Star if you go into a fabric shop and get some foam you can discreetly put it on the inside of the hat which will pad it up a bit and it should fit perfectly.. If that fails you could put some clips at the side of the hat and attach it to her hair for security iykwim.... hth
monkeybear Posts: 1926
I did a hat making course a few years back, only made one hat, but if you look on the inside of the hat you should see like a ribon, think its called petersham ribon, you could buy some cut a length and stitch a circle so the circle is the right size for your mam's head and then stitch that to the other bit of ribon thats already in the hat. before you stitch it in pin it top, bottom, left,right (if you know what i mean) then the other opposites inbetween these ,this should pull it in evenly, and stitch the two together you might need a couple of goes to get it right, and you should be able to buy the ribon in hickey or any habadashery hope this helps