Mobile Phones & Pregnancy

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Isy Posts: 89
Found this article about mobile phones and the affects on your baby. A bit worrying!!! http://www.healthymuslim.com/articles/d ... gnancy.cfm How often would you use your phone? And how long on average per day do you talk on it?
mooky Posts: 1501
I'm sorry but I'm so sick of all these new studies, and I refuse to stress about them anymore. Hair dye, chocolate, a glass of red wine... now mobile phones. Heres a new study - Reading these bloody articles whilst pregnant can cause harm to your baby!! now that I do believe! Sorry about the rant.
Mrs plaza Posts: 3031
This trail was based on sutidies done in the late 90s. more scaremongering based on old technologies, back then mobiles were on the analogue network.
Emme Posts: 4735
Noli are the hormomes visiting?! :o0 Ah you're right though. The way I look at it is there are thought to be carcogens in bloody everything. For example did you know they are thought to be found in burnt foods such as toast, BBQ's, roasted foods etc? Also it baffles me how girls on here - and I'm really sorry if I P anyone off here - don't ask the people they should ask - the doc's - on a lot of things. Loads of people take the word of a hairdresser over the word of the man or woman who is repsonsible for delivering their baby and thats no offence to hairdressers but I wouldn't ask my OB for his opinion on what way I get my hair done. Be sensible, be moderate and don't be too hard on yourself if you slip off the goats cheese, peanuts, hair dye, glass of wine wagon!
nickie Posts: 157
Isy, it's one of my only remaining links to the outside world!!! Noli, think i'll dye hair whilst enjoying a glass of wine and a bar of chocolate and ring all and sundry on mobile phone :o0 :o0
Emme Posts: 4735
at your stage isy, it's fair to say that I was dodging everything as well but as your PG goes on you'll relax a bit more. It's just that overnight, literally we have to start think of everything we do and be more careful about things. My advice would be to not worry about abstract things that this that or the other report says but take care with really simple things such as slowing down and taking your time on stairs and the like. The greatest danger to me and babs so far has been me falling over!
Isy Posts: 89
Girls, thanks for the replies. Everything nowadays is a hazard even if your not pregnant. But just thought I'd bring it to your attention.
mooky Posts: 1501
sorry Isy - I feel guilty about my earlier rant... i totally agree with Emme, look after yourself by taking it easy, getting a bit of gentle exercise, eating well and chat to your doc about any concerns. and like emme said, dont kick yourself if you fall off the wagon!
fxfor3 Posts: 2347
I woulnt pay too much attention to all these surveys next week it will be the complete opposite ! But i only really text on my mobile couple of times a day and maybe make a call once a week really i dont know why i have one :o0