MOG - Does she come to brides house normally

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

molarkey Posts: 19
Does the MOG usually come to brides house on the morning of the wedding? For the last family wedding (on the grooms side) she went to the brides house on the morning of the wedding to get her hair and makeup done as it was her sons house also. (so not the usual parents of the brides location). I don't really want her there but my fiance says I can't tell her not to come. I don't know what to do? Its partly the expense but also I want it just to be close family there!!
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
God no, I've never heard of this and really wouldn't want FMIL there on morning of the wedding - nor would my Mam. Is she assuming you're going to pay for her hair and make-up?
rocj Posts: 799
no my mil did not come to mine the morning of the wedding. i have never heard of that to be honest.
neytiri Posts: 844
+1 never heard of this being done! FFIL do their own thing morning of the wedding.
Bigleap Posts: 696
No, traditionally the MOG doesnt come to the bride's house! TBH, although I get on my my MIL I wouldnt have wanted her at my parents house just before the wedding as its quite an emotional moment with your immediate family. Does your FMIL have a daughter or daughter in law that she could get ready with? If so you could try to approach her instead. Do they live close by? Maybe say that the hairdresser isnt able to get to the house until 9:30 so will only have time to do the bridal parties hair? Best of luck!
Bellisima Posts: 3583
Twirl Posts: 5598
I have never heard of this and i tbh i wouldnt want it one bit. You have enough people in your house that morning. Why would she want to do that, you have enough to be doing that morning and will want to relax, sorry i just cant get over that. On how to get out of that, i dont know what you are going to say, can you tell her that there is too many in the house already without more people being there, suppose you run the risk of putting someones nose out of joint! :eek
molarkey Posts: 19
Yes Im paying for my mams hair and bridesmaids hair as well. Its more that it would feel like she is barging in. Think I will mention it to SIL- to- be and see if she can mind her??? Or I casually ask in conversation where are you getting your hair done the morning of the wedding - meath or near the grooms house?
starbar10 Posts: 991
It would stress me out if she was there and I dont think she'd particularly want to be there either which works well for both of us. We will all be in the same hotel on teh morning but the hotel have sorted it that my family are on one floor and his a different floor so we cant run into each other
MiniMeonBoard Posts: 6208
i've never heard of that. My MIL wont be at my parents house she will prob with H2b and best men making them all breakfast :) Although i wouldnt mind if she were there thou