Momento...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Tunes Posts: 186
My dh mother passed away over 4 yrs, i would love to get something for her grave as a momento from our wedding. Has anyone, any ideas?
LittleLily Posts: 3682
I think you mean momento. Momentum is a different thing entirely. Could you get a picture etched on something? Or maybe just get flowers placed on the grave every year on your wedding date? Or you could get the date and maybe initials or something engraved on a little plaque.
Oh cool you fixed it. Ok another idea is to take something from your wedding, maybe if the flowergirl gave you a horseshoe or something, and place that on the grave.
Bazinga T McBinkers Posts: 4718
Mt brother passed away when he was a child and H2B's brother died a few years ago. We are lighting a candle for them at the service with a little reading and placing my bouquet on my brothers grave and my bridesmaid bouquet on his grave, just a thought! :thnk
Thanks littlelilly, I noticed it when I read over it, was hoping no one would have seen it but thanks. I love the idea of the plague with our date on it, its something like that I want because as suggested by deeeo with the bouquets we done that but they are looking withered now and would love a permanent fixture
happyfamily Posts: 3323
How about you get your bouquet dried and put that on her grave?
Thats a lovely thought happyfamily but its his mom and I would prefer it to be more from him than me. His sis is gettin married soon so I might mention that idea to her
Has anyone ever been in this situation
Sally76 Posts: 525
Sorry ladies, I don't mean to be smart when you've already corrected it once, but it's spelled 'memento'...as in, from the word 'memory'. I hope you find something that means a lot to you, it's a lovely thing to do.
Ha Brilliant! the americanisms are dumbing me down. Love it :o0