Menu

Money AHHHH!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Doll Face Posts: 3721
O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| I cant stand people talking about it it does my head in how much did you get how much did your mam and dad give you >:o( O:| WHY OH WHY do people even ask this question?????? what your mam gives you should be private ............spoilt brats who cant look after themselfs and expect mammy and daddy to pay out even before the day O:| O:| I had a row with my mam the other day because she dident seem to be intrested in the wedding which is so not like my mam she is such a sweet person..........................and the reason she dident feel she could get involved was because she feels bad that she cant buy anything for me or give me cash on the day O:| O:| it broke my heart that she felt like she was less of a mother because she couldent give me a big Cheque on my wedding day. ( i never even though about it or expected it) she can just about afford to feed herself never mind give me money................. It pi&sses me off that perents feel such presure when it comes to there kids weddings ................... O:| Brides grow up...and cop on... if you get it be happy with it but please dont expect it or rely on it..........................
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
Jesus Dollface- no need to address that to all Brides! :o(
Pricetag Posts: 1306
I agree, my parents have said they want to pay for their family and friends and while we very much appreciate it, we're budgeting as if they aren't giving us any
ros09 Posts: 1923
i dont expect any money of my parents - they are getting my dress for me so that is all i expect from them - me and OH wouldnt dream of either sets of parents to give a huge amount to the wedding - we've always looked after it ourselves
zoesmama Posts: 2774
we never discussed how the wedding was paid for and tbh i haven't been to any friends weddings where i knew how it was funded. you are right - it's no-one's business. my parents did contribute as did DH's however we did not broadcast this nor did anyone ask us ! my parents paid for a long education for me and Dad had always said that they would not contribute to a wedding however when we got engaged they told us what they would contribute and i reminded him of what he always said and he told me that he did that so I wouldn't expect it and would plan without it. it worked !!
micksmrs Posts: 931
I have never told anyone anything about how much our wedding cost, what we paid, what we got, what we didnt get. My parents did give me a gift but only the same gift that my four siblings got and that was gifted to me before a wedding was even on the cards. TBH I would much prefer to have my parents than to have their money or anything that might be left after they are gone!
Service Finder
Mrs Rocket Posts: 1824
O deep breathes doll face My parents or h2bs parents arent paying for a thing I know ur worked up while writing that but no need at all to address all brides-thats unfair
gerbil Posts: 3528
my parents gave us a present as did my inlaws - very kind and generous - but we paid for the wedding ourselves....why assume all or even most brides expect to be paid for??
HighMaintenance26 Posts: 2303
Myself and H2B are paying for the wedding, My mum works part time and my Dad was a building contractor til the big R hit and now he is out of work, I'd never expect my parents to pay for our wedding regardless of how much money they have or haven't as it happens. Dollface i think you need a good ole drink, get yourself a chaser help calm you down :o0
mrsbouncy Posts: 71
couldnt agree more with u doll face and complain all u want this is called "LET OF STEAM"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!