Montenotte Hotel Cork

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

corkbridetobe Posts: 33
Hi all - I am new to this as it is my first time logging on. Got engaged recently and am looking at venues etc for a May 08 wedding. I have visited the Montenotte Hotel and it seems nice. Has anyone had any feedback. Thanks
Mistique Posts: 10
Hi Corkbridetobe! I am new to this as well, although I've left it a little late. Getting married in 12 days!!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Having reception in montenotte hotel so will let you know how it goes. Must say that they have been brilliant to deal with.Having a blessing on the roof garden.Anything we asked for was no problem.Dealing with Shane and he's a pet O:o)
Poseidon Posts: 28
Hi Girls I'm a Cork bride too - April 08 - what wedding bands are you having? I'm in the process of trying to find a good one - saw a few but they weren't for us....
Mistique Posts: 10
Hi Poseidon, Sorry can't help you there. It's a DJ all the way for us. Know a guy who does the whole wedding and he's even coming early to set up his equipment to play music for blessing at the hotel. Planned for outdoors but will have to go to plan b if the weather dosen't pick up :o(
Missus Lippy Posts: 5879
We looked at Montenotte Hotel but decided against it. We were only having small numbers and while the function room is newly decorated, it is very big. The main thing for us was the price of food and drink. They were the most expensive on everything from the main meal (they levy a charge on choice of courses), evening food, wine, drink of choice, wine corkage, they were a couple of euro more expensive on any item than 3 other hotels we had tried. When we added this up, it amounted to a couple of grand overall and as we are paying for the wedding ourselves, we just couldn't justify it and booked elsewhere. It's a pity as the setting is lovely and very central for people to access etc.