Monthly Pension Contribution

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

marianf Posts: 5845
Just wondering what the average monthly pension contribution people are paying is and whether your employer makes a contribution. Any info greatly appreciated.
aston Posts: 4100
Dont have a pension. My employer would not contribute if I had one!
curliwurli Posts: 3369
i pay 3% and the company matches it, think we can go up to 5% after so many years and they still match it - well for the moment anyway!!
ohsotired Posts: 7071
I pay 3% and company pays 6% - once we're in the scheme more than 2 years (which I now am!) you can take the employer contribution with you when you leave! If you leave before the 2 year period you only carry over your own! We can pay 5% in either and they will pay 10% but I can't afford to so am happy with my minimum for the mo!
mop1 Posts: 1564
We pay 5% and employer used to paid 5% - though they've stopped paying it now cos of the recession
marianf Posts: 5845
thanks folks
whackywoman Posts: 1496
currently 6.5 but thanks to Brian Cowen will be another 6 to 10% >:o) >:o) don't see that stupid P**** taking more of a pay cut though so it just really annoys me
funkyfish Posts: 7626
[quote="whackywoman":rzfwmo7s]currently 6.5 but thanks to Brian Cowen will be another 6 to 10% >:o) >:o) don't see that stupid P**** taking more of a pay cut though so it just really annoys me[/quote:rzfwmo7s] u forgot to add we pay the teaching council €100 a year to pay us and do nothing else, another "jobs for the boys" organisation thaty does nothing. we also pay widows and orphans too!!!!
mrs bmw Posts: 6447
my job pays all my pension for me, not sure how long that's going to last though!!!