Monthly sick certs

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mamabrod Posts: 830
I have been on sick leave about 7 weeks now but due to nature of my illness I will be off for foreseeable future. I got a letter from social welfare saying I only need to send in certs monthly now instead of weekly....does this mean I am on different type of sick benefit? And will I now be paid monthly?
Mad Mod Posts: 1079
Your payment will stay the same. Make sure a monthly cert is ok for your employer. Where I work, a weekly cert only is acceptable in most cases, if if your dr knows you won't be fit for work for a month!
my gp just sent work a cert saying will be off til further notice as I am waiting on surgery....i havent been sending anything else to work....will i still get my pay on a weekly basis?
Yes. Do work pay you while you are off sick? I'm sure they'll let you know if they need something from you anyways.
No they dont pay while I am on leave. I have been seriously ill so there is no dispute and I work in the hospital I am attending so that wouldnt be an issue. glad i will get paid weekly still as hard to manage monthly. Thank you for your reply xxx
Hope you have a speedy recovery. :thnk
[quote="Mad Mod":3dqhcmb6]Hope you have a speedy recovery. :thnk[/quote:3dqhcmb6] Thank you xxx