more drama

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Me Julia Posts: 1352
Hi Girls, Feel like i havent been here for ages!!!!! Well last week i was away training and wasn't feeling well. I had a rash on my back and my skin was so sore all over one side of me. I also had a pain low down on the left side of tummy. I decided to go and see the local doctor where i was staying. He said the pain was just blocked colon. i then remembered the rash on my back, i showed him it and he said ' oh dear, you have shingles, we better get you to waterford maternity hospital' I just started to cry :-8 i was so shocked and being away from home didnt help. He said it was due to being run down the chicken pox virus had been activated. he didnt know if it would affect the baby or not. Anyway i left the hotel the next day and went home, after talking to my consultant Michael Geary he assured me the baby would be ok and it was just me that would feel ill. I had to take medication and nearly died when they said it cost 200 euro for 7 tablets!!!!!!! I have been off work so far this week, this is my first day back. So i hope you are all keeping well. :wv
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
You poor pet. Are you over it now. Shingles are nasty. You must of got some shock Hope your feeling much better now.
Avril Hiswife Posts: 1743
:ooh you poor thing! Hope you are feeling better soon. Had you had chicken pox before? There seems to be something of an epidemic right now, my little cousins all have it. I am keeping well but still no BFP for me.
bonita Posts: 1678
Ah you poor thing. Hope you ok now.
Hopefully07 Posts: 2027
Ahh sorry to hear that Me Julia, hope you're keeping well now
Me Julia Posts: 1352
thanks girls, Avril, yes i had chicken pox as a child. Apparently you can only get shingles if you have had chicken pox. I didnt realise that and thought the opposite. Have a feeling boss is going to be pretty awkward with me today for being off for a while, i notice he put up on the board my sick days but has not put any up for the other girl that works here! I know he wont pay me either for being off which makes things a bit tight this month but never mind i had to take things easy for a few days. I am a bit concerned about all the essential oils i am exposed to during the day, we dont let pregnant women have the oils on them so surely i should have them on my hands all the time? Do any of you know much about risk assessment in the workplace?
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Hi Me Julia, sorry to hear you havent been well, my Dad had shingles and said it was terrible. I have posted links below that may be of use to you regarding health and safety at work when pregnant. Good luck. :xxx http://www.hsa.ie/publisher/index.jsp?& ... 7&aID=1497 http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categ ... afety_work
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
OMG you poor thing how awful glad your back on the boards
Sleep Monster Posts: 2829
Hi Me Julia, welcome back and so sorry to hear that you haven't been well. At least there's no risk to baby and that's one less thing for you to worry about. Your health and babies' is more important than any job, so be sure to know your rights and the risks to you and insist that your not exposed to any. Take care of yourself hon and hope you're feeling better soon. BTW the drugs payment scheme might cover your tablets somewhat. Isn't it the case that you only have to pay a max of about 80 euro in a given month on medication? You can claim the rest back. Also any medical expenses can be used to claim back tax also. Might help. Anyway understand all this stuff any better than me?
Duchess Snow Posts: 2348
sorry your having a rough time. just about the 200e you can reclaim all but 85 euro on the drugs payment scheme get a form and send in copy of your receipt. Hope your feeling better soon