Menu

More wasps, more flies = Bigger Hairy Spiders

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

workingmom Posts: 3429
YUCK, it's that time of year when the hairy 8 legged spiders the size of your hand are looking for somewhere nice and warm for their winter vacation, and, with the explosion in the number of all things winged, the spiders are massive this year, killed one the other night and I nearly puked with the size of it.................. is it just me? anyone else had any massive spiders already?
Chesnuts? what for?
stickwoman Posts: 2394
Those buggers! They've got some kind of sat nav system I think. They always come around this time of year and ALWAYS run under the TV unit (which I can't pull out). So then I'm left sitting huddled up on the couch, waiting for him to come out so I can smush the huge monster with a flip flop. I agree, they're HUGE!
That's cause he stayed in there eating all the other smaller ones that were hiding there Bouncy..... :o0 seriously though, the best thing to get rid of them, a brush. I whack them and then after I'm done nearly puking, out with them. I used to be terrified of them, but when I had my DD, my mammy instinct kicked in, and I always think to myself, you're not getting near her.... and that's it, I just get up and whack them.....
Sweet8 Posts: 1285
[color=#400080:30p5wf9d]Gah! I don't like that math, bloody hate spiders!! :eek *Decorates the house in chestnuts* I have been known to wake the OH up for spider removal if I spot one in the house, bleurgh... Hate them! :o( [/color:30p5wf9d]
aston Posts: 4100
Ah that mammy instinct......when should that kick in?????? I nearly have a heart attack when I see spiders, wasps etc. I still manage to get them but DS finds it really funny when mammy is running around the kitchen screaming :o0 :o0
YoMammaSo Posts: 3256
oh god i hate them, when i lived on my own years ago this fella ran into the sittin room he was like usain bolt the speed of him i started gawking and heaving i was so terrified, i had to do something as i was on my own so i threw the argos catalogue at him and TG got him first go, the catalogue stayed in the middle of the floor for about a wk when the brother picked it up. but ive had some huge visitors over the years,and their all scuba divers too the fu(kers! im gonna look for pics i have on my pc now for them, my dog decides she will catch them and then she opens her mouth and they run off. arrrgghhhhh.[attachment=1:3oreqhim]Tarantula1.jpg[/attachment:3oreqhim]
[quote="BouncyL":30zw954q]Oh God! :eek They are huge. I don't think I could try to kill them in any way though. I'd just get up on a table and scream to be saved! :o0 I wouldn't want spider guts all over my floor. But one that big, I don't know how I'd handle it if I was on my own.[/quote:30zw954q] when you have NO choice its amazin how brave you get, i mean i actually picked up the catalogue and threw it across the sittin room, now thats brave :o0 :o0
[quote="BouncyL":2b49ehu9] You're right. You'd have to be in the situation to know what you'd do. Whenever I find a smaller one in my bedroom or something I can't leave it there. The thoughts of it crawling on me in bed!! :eek :eek :weep :weep I get a dustpan and brush and with my skin crawling I sweep it on to the dust tray and manage to throw it out the window. ;o( ;o( Ooooh yours are sacry looking b'stards though![/quote:2b49ehu9] they sooooo were! scared as i was i had to get the camera,ive another pic but it too big to upload, he actually has a shadow from the sun he's that big ! yesterday i went into our en-suite and there was one about the size of a pea- got Hubby to remove him . HA :o0
Out Posts: 651