Morning sickness at 17 weeks

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

McMummy Posts: 1041
I’m not sure anyone can really help but I hope you don’t mind me having a bit of a moan. I’ve had morning sickness since before I got BFP and it’s gradually getting worse. I am now sick on and off from about 4am until after lunch and then I just feel nauseous till I get home and it kind of easies off late evening. I used to just feel sick on the bus to work but this week I haven’t been able to make it in without either throwing up on the bus (very embarrassing) or getting off and am sick on the side of the road. DH travels with me to work so at least I’m not on my own but I don’t think I can keep this up. Work aren’t exactly being understanding, I was hoping they might tell me to take some time off but they are just turning a blind eye. If this continues next week I’m just going to my GP for a cert. I’ve tried everything, bands those pregnancy pops, ginger, acupuncture, Chinese herbs etc but nothing seems to have much effect. Thanks for letting me moan and sorry if I’ve frightened anyone who has MS and didn’t think it lasted past 12 weeks. I don’t think it lasts that long for everyone, I guess I’m just unlucky. At least babs seems to be growing and I’d put up with anything as long has the baby is ok.
ginger nut Posts: 5989
my morning sickness lasted at least to 20 weeks and i still get it from time to time. i came to the conclusion that people tell you the MS finishes at 12 weeks just to get you through the early days. take care of yourself - it will end and it will all be worth it.