Morning Sickness

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

D2es Posts: 143
Hi ladies - first post on P&B, only got my BFP on sat so very tentative about joining! Anyway im just 4 weeks today - very early days but have been feeling quite sick in the morning and this morning I need to get to the toilets asap and kinda walked fasted which lead into a run through the office - there have been loads of ladies preggo here lately so they know the score - anyway when I got back to my desk my boss was like everything ok with a smile - I just said I had a bug - so basically he knowsm which means his work friends will know, but im only 4 weeks, its too early for them to know!
loulou1 Posts: 233
Congrats D2es, tell them when your good and ready to tell them, I waited until I had my first scan and heard the heartbeat before I told anyone, depends on how you and your partner want to play it.... Wishing you all the best with the pregnancy.....
Skittlespink Posts: 406
I know its really tempting but if I were you I would defo stick with the bug story.Its way too early for them to know ..think how long the wait until your first scan will be. Im really tempted to tell a few at work too but its just such early days!best of luck with your pregnanacy :babydust:
mamajen Posts: 2263
Just let them guess and make assumptions, you shouldn't confirm anything till your good and ready. I know that ppl were talking about me cos I left the Xmas party early and wasn't drinking but I didn't care, I just told them when I was ready which was after our 1st scan. ETA I did tell my manager at 5 weeks though for Health and Safety reasons, I wanted someone in work to know in case something happened and to help me manage stress at the time!
MrsMommy Posts: 1112
I second what MrsFago said. I am sick as a dog and have been since week six. I spend more time in the toilet than at my desk some days. I only just told my direct boss on Friday just gone. Your employer can't ask, and you don't have to tell at this stage. Let them speculate all they want. Hope it eases soon.