Morning sickness will it get worse/better?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Plus1makes4 Posts: 721
Hi girls, I've been so nauseous with the morning sickness, I'm inly 7 weeks gone and have been so miserable with it last week and this weekend. Just wondering when/if you had it did it get worse into vomiting. Have a busy week in work next week and dread the thoughts of running to loo. I can kind if keep it check eating carbs all day. Oh girls i don't even know if km making sense I'm so sick :(
streaks Posts: 3592
You poor thing plus 1. It's just terrible isn't it. Hard to say if it will get worse or better, how were you on your previous pregnancy? I started about wk 8 and it started with just nausea but ended up being bed bound at about week 11. I just couldn't move with it. It's horrible. I still get the odd bout of it but thankfully just nausea and not vomiting. Do whatever you need to do to get you through it and if it gets very bad maybe ask your doc if they can give you anything as I wouldn't have coped without something. On the plus side, sound a like your little bean is thriving in there.
atina Posts: 2240
It's awful isn't it! The good news is for most people it eases off! I had week 12 in my head for it to finish but to be honest the worst weeks for me were 9-15 then at week 16 it all settled down thank god!! The first trimester is very tough no one prepare me for it!! The second trimester is so much better tho you start to feel human again!!
Thanks girls for the replies, Streaks I was ok on DS. Had a small but if it but this pregnancy is totally different. Quite sick for most of the days!! Although not vomiting, thank god. The thoughts if this going on another 5 or so weeks is killing me! Although I was concerned the lack of pregnancy symptoms, looks like I got my wish!!! Atina you poor thing sounds like you had a tough time with it. I'm going to be huge with the amount of crackers, salted crisps and bread im eating!! Is there any medication you can take, motilium?!?
atina Posts: 2240
Mottillium won't really help as all it does is speed up ur gut mottility and this sickness is caused by hormones! I used to bring crackers to bed and eat one as soon as I woke up! I also used to have hard boiled sweets with me to suck when the nausea struck! Unfortunately I think it's one of those things you just have to ride out! It's desperate tho I hope the next few weeks fly for you!
Herewegoagain2013 Posts: 18
On ds my first I had it for 2 weeks nausea only. Dd I had it again nausea only for 17 weeks on this one I've had it now 15 weeks and it is easing. I got pregnacare morning sickness and I take it before I go to bed and it works. Ginger nut biscuits too!! Sea bands also worked for me on ds but not on dd
streaks Posts: 3592
There is a med called cariban you can take if your doc prescribes it for you depending on how bad you are. It may or may not help. I hope it eases for you soon, it's such a horrible feeling. I had a few wks relief in the middle but it's creeping back in a bit now unfortunately. Ah well, just over 9 wks to go hopefully it goes quickly.
Girls, Bulls eye boiled sweets are my new best friend. Seems to be doing the trick today. I had crackers with banana on it for breakfast and am sucking boiled sweets so far so good!! :o)ll Thanks for all the replies, I just feel so miserable with it. Its like having a constant hangover :hic
Miss Happiness Posts: 85
Glad you found something that works for you. I've been signed out of work for last 3 weeks due to the severity of my MS or as I call it all day sickness. I am starting to have good days. I have found very plain food on the good days is the only thing that I can cope with. My doctor has told me that this is a very positive thing. Its a very positive thing.
Miss Happiness, did your doc say MS is a postive thing? Im thinking it is as it means the pg hormone is quite high. Its just hard to keep upbeat and excited when you feel so bad. You poor thing, 3 weeks :o( are you vomiting or feeling sick? Currently eating a bag of chip sticks at my desk :-8 people are going to start noticing!! For dinner yesterday I had lamb chops and mash potatoe with curly kale through it, was lovely and plain. But then DH bought a 3n1 at 9pm and I had some while watching Love/Hate, was amazing :o0