Moroccan Oil - Is it worth it?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lovethesite Posts: 1054
Thinking of treating myself to this girls, but is it worth it and if so what products should I invest in, just the oil or conditioner etc? Is there cheaper alternatives or are they not as good. Sick of my hair at the minute :-(
Mrs W Posts: 2923
Theres an Argan Oil in Penneys thats meant to be very good, maybe try that first? I bought it a few weeks ago but keep forgetting to use it so I cant tell you yet!
Grotty Dotty Posts: 751
It's well worth it! Been using it for 2 years now. I bought a small bottle this time last year and I'm only coming to the end of it now, 18 euros. I only use it 1-2 times a week. It's enough. I wouldn't recommend the shampoo and conditioner I tried them and my hair was a bit product heavy, the oil on it's own is enough. Step away from the cheaper version in Penneys, it's brutal.
macattack Posts: 1617
I'm at the end of my first bottle and I'm just not sure. For some reason when you put it on your hair will dry in super quick time so I like it for that reason but as far as actually improving the condition of my hair, I'm not so sure. I bought a bottle of almond oil in Holland and Barrett for about £5 a while back and it's had a better effect.
My hair was very badly heat damaged when I started using it. It was cracked and breaking off and not growing. I know it wouldn't have repaired itself without the MO.
McLisa Posts: 1815
i can recommend the pennys one - and my hair dresser does too! Its quite good, the ends of my hair are in quite good condition and its only a few euros a bottle, last time i was in i stocked up just incase they ever do away with it :o0
MrsMommy Posts: 1112
I love it, and loved it even more when I was pregnant. My hair was so dry and thick when pregnant. The MO was the only thing to sort it out. Still use it now, only much more sparingly as my hair is back to normal now.
galwaygirl2010 Posts: 2447
[quote="McLisa":2ul2trei]i can recommend the pennys one - and my hair dresser does too! Its quite good, the ends of my hair are in quite good condition and its only a few euros a bottle, last time i was in i stocked up just incase they ever do away with it :o0[/quote:2ul2trei] +1 - I use the Pennys one also and find it very good
Really? The Penneys one people thought was good? I found it left my hair oily and unmanagable. I have two tubes of it at home unopened. Depends on the head of hair I suppose. But for my hair MO is the only way to go. Worth the bit extra. Or maybe it's because I used MO first and didn't feel it compared.
BertRaccoon Posts: 321
Have to agree about the Penney's one as well. I've never used the MO so can't compare the two but the condition of my hair has definitely improved (less split ends, less frizz) and don't find it any more oily than usual.