Morto-but what re shaven/waxn down there??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

aglorgleanbh Posts: 103
Mortified re question ladies, thank god this is an anonymous forum! :yelrotflmaosmilie: But with 3 & a half weeks left to go and a possible internal this week need to know! What are the majority of you doing down there!!!! Are you waxing/shaving it [b:3bfbjbk4]all [/b:3bfbjbk4]off or just having a tidy up!!! :duh: :-8 :-8 :-8 :-8 Thanks ladies, hope yer all feeling well! :thnk :thnk
FoundHome Posts: 1753
I kept up my waxing all through the pregnancy - Hollywood is the only way to go for me. TBH the midwives and consultants have seen it all so its personal preference
BipsyBoo Posts: 1534
I got a Hollywood last time and plan on doing so this time too.
jan8 Posts: 554
i would've kept waxing as normal but for me rather than the midwives! i doubt any of our mammies got a hollywood so as not to frighten the docs when they were going to have us! just out of curiosity - are there people who get hollywood or brazilian or whatever just for the birth? why do you do it?
BipsyBoo Posts: 1534
I normally get a Brazilian anyway so I just do what I normally do. But I was told that it's easier to stitch etc if you need it if there's not hair in the way
FoxyLockz Posts: 2448
Can i ask a question about this? I got a brazillian the week i found out i was was pregnant (didn't know at the time) and it was so so painfull. I normally get my waxing done every month not a bother and that time was so sore I actually had tears in my eyes - not I know why :o0 i'd like to keep up the tidiness but afraid of the pain now that I'm pregnant but is it always painful or just at the start of a pregnancy?
babyblaBBer Posts: 2448
i was told to leave it alone! pubic hair is there for protection and especially if you have stitches you want to avoid all possible infections so midwife in antenatal class said it's nature's protection, don't go near it at that time coz that's when you need it the most! also remember if you get a wax and then go 2 weeks over you could be stubbly which IMO is worse!
Tinytots Posts: 369
I get my Brazilian as usual, but for myself not the midwives. It's especially important to me in pregnancy because I get so hot and bothered :-8 to answer your question foxylockz I'm less sensitive when pregnant. But I don't think everyone is the same :-( I had a slight reaction when I first got pregnant with ds and that was actually the first indication that I was pregnant, but never afterwards and I don't find it sore at all really. Well except for the really sensitive part, that does hurt a bit!
funkyfish Posts: 7626
brazillian i always get it done. so just a tidy up last week.... it will save me getting shaved if i need another section. i rem MW hunting a razor down like a bull before my EMCS with ds and she then pulled up my gown and said "agh you could have told me" agh you could have asked....
Twirl Posts: 5598
[quote="funkyfish":2ksc6mul]brazillian i always get it done. so just a tidy up last week.... it will save me getting shaved if i need another section. i rem MW hunting a razor down like a bull before my EMCS with ds and she then pulled up my gown and said "agh you could have told me" agh you could have asked....[/quote:2ksc6mul] Oh my god cannot believe the midwife said that to you. Seriously like getting the muff area ready while your in labour im sure is the last thing on your mind. I will have to make a mental note not to look like a yetti down there before i head into the hospital. :duh: