Moses basket and crib?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs Maternal Posts: 268
Hiya Just wanted your opinion - we have odered our moses basket and we were planning on using it for first few months and then getting cot for the nursery - but now i am thinking of getting a swinging crib also for the bedroom - this will save carting the moses basket up and down the stairs every day....we have a travel system bought which is pushchair and car seat but no pram. What do you think - as anyone else done this? All opinions welcome?
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Mrs Maternal I was chatting to my cousins who have babies at the weekend and they all recommended the moses basket precisely because it is so easy to carry up and down the stairs. They all got a moses basket plus the Graco travel cot with a bassinet (whatever that is!!!) so they didn't bother getting a crib as well. I think they used the moses basket for the first couple of months, then switched to the bassinet in the travel cot and then a lot later on they bought a nice wooden cot bed that will last for a few years. I thought that made sense as I was going to get the travel cot anyway for travelling to the grandparents and it also doubles up as a baby prison, sorry I mean a playpen >:o)
Christmas B Posts: 6191
OMG, I've so much to learn about what to get!!!!! Two of my friends have 6 months olds and both just used the moses baskets for the first few months and then put them into the cot when they were that little bit older!! I think that's what I'll do too!!
mama sugar Posts: 1387
we got this [img:2uy8ee7k]http://www.toys.ie/product_images/D10423.jpg[/img:2uy8ee7k] plus this gliding cradle [img:2uy8ee7k]http://www.toys.ie/product_images/D10913.jpg[/img:2uy8ee7k] - for the lounge we are getting a moses basket for the side of our bed - don't want to be carting the moses basket up and down the stairs every day if I decide to go for a snooze in the afternoon if babs is having a rest! and for the nursery we got cot/bed wardrobe and changer set x
[color=indigo:1zwwmw6w]Oh mama sugar I'm loving those items!!!! They're fab!!![/color:1zwwmw6w] :o)ll
Mrs Maternal Posts: 268
Hi Was just looking at the graco site there and I have ordered the mosiac pushchair in milano and you can get the contour electra in the same design so might go for that - I wonder how much these cost! It will be handy for going to the in laws and mums house. Thanks girls
yea christmas b love them too they are all set up all we need now is babs in that empty crib....wahooooooo can not wait not too dear either rocking chair was 199e included rocking foot rest ans gliding crib was 129e x
[quote="mama sugar":10rfnruu]yea christmas b love them too they are all set up all we need now is babs in that empty crib....wahooooooo can not wait not too dear either rocking chair was 199e included rocking foot rest ans gliding crib was 129e x[/quote:10rfnruu] [color=indigo:10rfnruu]Oh how cute!!! I bet you sit in the chair every day and talk to your bump!!! Oh wow, isn't it amazing to think that there'll be a little baby in your arms on that chair and in that cot!!! Oh I'm gushing here with excitment!!! They're so reasonable!!!! Where did you get them????[/color:10rfnruu]
I KNOW :o)ll Amazing alright not long for you either! got all the stuff in smyths think their website is x happy buying!
[color=indigo:3ngvf3sb]Oh cool!!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Thanks mama sugar......... I'm gonna have a good old long browse now!! Great the boss being out!! :o0 WOOOHOOOO!!![/color:3ngvf3sb]