Moses basket by day, what at night?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sparklie100 Posts: 191
Girls, I'm planning to put my baby in a Mosket basket to sleep in downstairs during the day for the moment. As he'll be a newborn, I'm wondering what to put him in at night? DH can carry the Moses basket up and down the stairs no bother, but I'm wondering is my baby going to be too small to sleep in a cot at night? Head fried, would really appreciate your thoughts/experience on this. Also, as part of the Uppa baby Vista package we ordered, there is a carrycot, could we use that maybe?
Bigsurprise Posts: 961
Baby can sleep in Moses basket at night also. Think generally you will get 6-8 weeks out of one. After that you can put them in a cot We have a crib for ours & should hopefully get 6 months out of it & then into normal cot.
Mari yay Posts: 4045
You could use the bassinet from the Uppababy for the daytime naps downstairs, then leave the Moses basket upstairs. Once they grow out of the Moses basket you can put the in the cot, they do say to keep the baby in the room with you for 6 months, but I think it can be a personal decision, and can depend on space and budget. You could also get a crib for when they grow out of the Moses basket, you'd get 6 months from the crib. You could borrow a crib though?
Munchk Posts: 95
Mari Yay I just logged in to say the exact same thing about the carry cot! I too am having the same dilema though we live in a small one storey cottage so baby will be sleeping in the same for naps and night time sleeps. Cots are suitable from birth so am thinking about having the cot in our room for the first couple of months. I would love a crib but just not sure about spending the money on one. Maybe i'll hint about it to a couple of friends lol
mamajen Posts: 2263
We're using the bassinet from the uppababy vista, it's ventilated so suitable for overnight sleeping and comes with a really comfy mattress
Mari yay Posts: 4045
[quote="Munchk":12fwbflp]Mari Yay I just logged in to say the exact same thing about the carry cot! I too am having the same dilema though we live in a small one storey cottage so baby will be sleeping in the same for naps and night time sleeps. Cots are suitable from birth so am thinking about having the cot in our room for the first couple of months. I would love a crib but just not sure about spending the money on one. Maybe i'll hint about it to a couple of friends lol[/quote:12fwbflp] :o0 We borrowed a crib, you could get one secondhand? I could easily have the cotbed in our room but hate the thought's of having to go moving it around at 6 months!!
ciaraella Posts: 5323
We used buggy carrycot during the day and moses basket at night
Mismatch Posts: 476
We used the pram downstairs & Moses basket up stairs, but to be honest he was only about 3-4 wks in the Moses basket before we moved him to the cot. He just seemed to need more room. So if I were to do it all again I'd just go straight to the cot. You can also buy a cot divider that you can use to make the cot smaller & cosier for them. Best of luck
wifetob Posts: 936
For the first 5ish weeks we moved the Moses basket up & down daily - worked really well as DS would not wake while we moved him at night. Had a stand downstairs & upstairs so I didn't have to more that. DS was big baby so from 5ish weeks on we moved him to a crib at night and used the travel cot during the day. HTH.
sparklie100 Posts: 191
Thanks so much for all the replies. I think we will use the bassinet from the Uppa baby Vista and also buy a cot to have it ready. The cots just look so big for newborns!