moses baskets

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ginger nut Posts: 5989
are these all a standard size or do they come in different sizes? we got one from the states (sent over as a gift) but it looks very narrow compared to ones we've seen in the shops. Am i imagining this or do they come in different sizes. (and if they do come in different sizes isn't it strange that it's the american one that's smaller :o0 )
NewGirl Posts: 1143
We were looking at them last weekend and yes they come in different sizes, some narrow, some without the hood, some more padded than others, v confusing. Some say the narrow padded ones are more cosy for baby.
ginger nut Posts: 5989
just hope we don't have to buy another one too quickly if baby grows too big :o0 :o0 at what stage do they go into cots?
Lisa_B Posts: 56
Girls - if I was to do it again I would buy a crib or cradle - you see them in Smiths - they are a wee bit more expensive - but not much so. But the baby would get much more use out of it.
MotherNature Posts: 317
[quote="Ginger Nut":349atbgi]at what stage do they go into cots?[/quote:349atbgi] They can only stay in the moses basket or a cradle until they are able to pull themselves up or have physically grown too big. Our 9 week old is getting close to being too long for her moses basket, but we only use that when she's downstairs so it's not an issue. She doesn't spend too much time in it anymore anyway. There's still plenty of room left in the cradle that she sleeps in, which is in our room. She'll go into the cot bed in her own room when she's about six months.
jellybaby Posts: 2316
We put DD in her cot at exactly 9 weeks as she was a big baby, and filled the moses basket. She liked to sleep with her arms outstretched and she kept hitting the sides of the basket.