MOST ANNOYING HABIT!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

buddylove Posts: 3288
Ok so OH and I will be moving in with eachother once we get hitched... Following on from another thread this got me thinking about the things that will bug me... The snoring - I have earplugs, not picking up clothes - I know once we get into it I can be more firm on that one. I have not and will not pick up his crap!, putting the toilet life down - he has started doing this!, Paying bills and money- we have a mortgage together and pay our joint savings and bills together and this will actually be easier I think when we are living together but have that routine down... BUT the one thing he does do - He will cut his toenails anywhere! Like in the sitting room watching television ( I saw this once and went nuts!)... He sees nothing wrong with that!! Its disgusting!! I ahve an issue with feet in any case but this is something that could drive me nuts. ETA: I still love him though! (just in case he reads this!) :o0 What habit does your OH have that you hate???
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
Putting things on the long finger. He will dismiss the simplest task til later. Anything and everything is "yeah, in a minute". FFS just put the bin out NOW! He actually expends more energy resisting me on small things than if he just did it the 1st time. Snoring! Apparently he's been snoring since he was a child. It's awful!
skitchums Posts: 1283
Get ready for all those things to bug the s*it out of you on a regular basis! :o0 My fella is a nightmare, I could find his sock anywhere and I mean anywhere, up on the fireplace, on the couch, in the bathroom, on the kitchen worktop :ooh . He also does the toenail thing too and he creates mess everywhere he goes, he only has to look in a room and it's pure chaos! He snores badly but I've learned to live with it over the last 5 years, earplugs, him sleeping on his side, me going into the spare room, him going to the spare room..always when he's been drinking.. He leave crumbs everywhere too and forget about the toilet seat been left down, if he did he'd only p*ss on it! Saying all that, he's great for doing the shopping, cutting the grass, hanging the clothes out to be dried, oh and he's a good cook so it balances out..sort of :o0
nelswife Posts: 3869
[quote="jasper11":qc2vqjuq] BUT the one thing he does do - He will cut his toenails anywhere! Like in the sitting room watching television ( I saw this once and went nuts!)... He sees nothing wrong with that!! Its disgusting!! I ahve an issue with feet in any case but this is something that could drive me nuts. What habit does your OH have that you hate???[/quote:qc2vqjuq] Oh god..i feel like getting sick after reading it...its just because i have a weird fear of toenails, i cant stand seeing or hearing anyone cut toe nails it actually turns my stomach! :hic :hic *) I hate when hubbie takes off his boxers when he is getting into the shower and leaves them on the floor..eh the wash basket is right beside you!! *) snores...but he broke his nose a few times..i actually broke it on his twice (accident) so i cant complain because its not his fault *) If he says he will clean the kitchen he will do about 95% of it, he will always leave one or two things on the draining board...if your going to wash and dry things why leave 2 things not dried...or wipe around properly... *) If he had a cup of coffee during the day ( he works from home 85% of the time) he will leave the coffee cup on the draining board....seriously it takes 5 extra seconds to put it in the dishwasher But i love him and wouldn't be without him and i know i am not perfect and i do LOADS of things that annoy him...so we have both just learnt to live with it!!
ShutterBug Posts: 1056
He never puts things back where he got it and then he comes asking me where it is. Like keys, I always put them in one spot, but his keys you could find them down the back of the couch or in bathroom! His wallet could be anywhere! The other day he asked me where a receipt for something he bought was, I just laughed at the thought of being able to find it! When he empties the dishwasher or puts away pots and pans he never puts them back in the right place. All our plates and glasses are in the one cupboard but he will switch around where everything goes, so I open the side of the cupboard where normally the dinner plates are and its full of bowls or I open the side where the cups go and its full of dinner plates. It sounds silly and usually I say nothing cos I am just glad he has actually emptied the dishwasher but it does annoy me.
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
Leaving kitchen presses/wardrobe doors/drawers open - bugs the life out of me. Or else closing them but leaving stuff sticking out of them so they're not closed properly. Its annoying me just thinking about it! He can't even boil an egg without somehow generating crumbs from somewhere, its unbelievable. Although I shouldn't give out about his cooking because he does it ALL and is amazing (but by God does he make some mess). He always has about €50 worth of change in his pockets but when he's rooting in there for something and some falls out he just leaves it there. I am forever picking up copper coins off the floor around the house, especially in our bedroom. He just steps over them - it makes my blood boil! He can't make a bed to save his life (he'll attempt it but it still looks like there's someone in it). Oh and he did the shopping yesterday (we're just back from our honeymoon so there was literally nothing in the house bar leftover wedding cake) and he came home with the most random collection of groceries I've ever seen. I knew it was going to be bad when he only spent €105 but FFS the stuff he bought and, more importantly, didn't buy is just hard to fathom. Aw but all that aside he's a sweetheart and its easy to let those things go. The good more than outweighs the annoying!
katief Posts: 1900
[quote="StupidSexyFlanders":280tsj96]Leaving kitchen presses/wardrobe doors/drawers open - bugs the life out of me. Or else closing them but leaving stuff sticking out of them so they're not closed properly. Its annoying me just thinking about it! He can't even boil an egg without somehow generating crumbs from somewhere, its unbelievable. Although I shouldn't give out about his cooking because he does it ALL and is amazing (but by God does he make some mess). He always has about €50 worth of change in his pockets but when he's rooting in there for something and some falls out he just leaves it there. I am forever picking up copper coins off the floor around the house, especially in our bedroom. He just steps over them - it makes my blood boil! He can't make a bed to save his life (he'll attempt it but it still looks like there's someone in it). [b:280tsj96]Oh and he did the shopping yesterday (we're just back from our honeymoon so there was literally nothing in the house bar leftover wedding cake) and he came home with the most random collection of groceries I've ever seen. [/b:280tsj96]I knew it was going to be bad when he only spent €105 but FFS the stuff he bought and, more importantly, didn't buy is just hard to fathom. Aw but all that aside he's a sweetheart and its easy to let those things go. The good more than outweighs the annoying![/quote:280tsj96] Annoying I'd say, but there's something endearing and cute about that :o0
SushiSnow Posts: 185
The sock thing drives me mad!! He takes off one, just one, and will leave it wherever he is. Cue me going on a treaure hunt for socks. I find them down the back of the couch, bedroom floor, kitchen floor, everywhere! Or the cat will find it and decide to take it soemwhere else. Then when it comes time to do the washing there are so many lonely socks! Drives me batty, but after 5 years of it I suppose I've slightly accepted it. He does cop on when he's doing it sometimes and will roll his sock up in his hand and look at me with his little puppy dog face like he knows he's being bad. But then to balance it out, he's great at doing the ironing (even though he says my clothes are too fiddly and annoying to iron), he's a great cook, and on the weekends he gets mad cleaning bursts. So I'll tolerate him and his stray socks.
Jawl Posts: 8881
I hate moaning about Mr. Jawl cos he's better than me around the house at times, but he's not perfect either :o0 But for every complaint I'm going to list below, I know he'll have as many for me :o0 *) When we first moved in, he used to hang towels/coats/clothes over the top of the bedroom/bathroom door, so the door wouldn't close properly, and I thought it just looked weird. I think that carried on for about a week and I had a go at him and he stopped doing it. I mean who dries out a towel over a door when you have a perfectly good towel rail in the bathroom???? We stayed in London with his ex's daughter one night and none of the doors in her flat close, as she has something hanging over all of them. Housecoats, jackets, clothes, towels etc. So that's where he picked that manky habit up, - his ex :o0 *) 3 years in I still find manky socks around the bedroom. He's grand with his boxers. This is because he takes off his socks at night and fires them across the room. But his boxers stay in place til he goes to the shower in the morning and the laundry basket is right next to him. That's about it, sometimes he leaves things lying around, or throws the dish cloth on the work top etc. But these are all just momentary lapses.
Mari yay Posts: 4045
+1 Jawl, for every one I list I'd say OH has two for me, but he NEVER complains, bless him! He does that washing thing too...I make dinner and he does the dishes (ie loads the dishwasher!), yet there is ALWAYS a saucepan left over that he "forgot" or "didn't see"!!!