Most Contreversial Topics

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

LM24 Posts: 932
Ok well Im bored at work so this explains the post. I have been on this site for about 9 months and have come across varied heated debates and thought it might be fun to share experiences by listing out topics that seem to get ppl hot under the collar. I'll start:- 1) Children at weddings
MrsTiredbride Posts: 3397
2. Pregnancy related stuff - something like "I hear it's dangerous to fly during the first and third trimester" 3. It's my day and nobody is supporting me 4. My bridesmaid isn't towing the line, don't they know it's an honour!!! (This is difficult as it's a very grey area) 5. Guest lists 6. Paying for the bridal party's rooms
quartz Posts: 446
Turkey & Ham Lazy bridesmaids Interferring relatives Gifts- anything from how to politely ask for cash, to how much to give/receive Paying for bridal party rooms Favours Time and time again these crop up and always cause a stir.
LM24 Posts: 932
Good ones >:o) , I've collated them below and added a couple more 1. Children at weddings 2. Pregnancy related stuff - something like "I hear it's dangerous to fly during the first and third trimester" 3. It's my day and nobody is supporting me 4. My bridesmaid isn't towing the line, don't they know it's an honour!!! (This is difficult as it's a very grey area) 5. Guest lists 6. Paying for the bridal party's rooms 7.Turkey & Ham 8.Lazy bridesmaids 9.Interferring relatives 10.Gifts- anything from how to politely ask for cash, to how much to give/receive 11.Paying for bridal party rooms 12.Favours 13. Breastfeeding 14. Irish dancers 15. Engagement ring to be replaced with larger one down the line
fifibelle Posts: 4447
Whether or not to have wine with the meal. Whether or not to have a toast drink.
cremebrulee Posts: 8546
Guests giving you nothing/ very little as a present and the whole "it's their presence, not the presents that counts".
It's distastful to negotiate for bargains for your wedding!!!
To table plan or not!!!
summer09 Posts: 807
This is funny! We all sound mental!
Bridesmaids hair! Shoes Bathroom baskets