Most fertile time?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

HeTheMan Posts: 295
So, came home from my hen on Sunday, and myself and h2b can't get enough of eachother since! We had unprotected sex on Sunday night and Monday night. Now it was a decision we made in the heat of the moment, but now I'm thinking "aw man!!!can I not drink wine at my wedding? No cocktails on my honeymoon??" So, I'm just wondering what is the likelihood of me being pregnant? It was 6/7 days after first day of period - is that my most or least fertile time.. Now, dont get me wrong, I cannot wait to get pregnant, we are both really looking forward to it, and if I am pregnant we would be delighted..
mysteriousmise Posts: 1783
How long is your cycle, on average?
It's kinda all over the place as I had the implanion in and have it taken out with 2 months, while I had periods the whole time I had the implanion in they weren't the most regular but each period lasts about 4 days, so I got my period on Monday, it was finished on thur and we had sex on the Sunday and Monday.
Ah right. It's kinda hard to know then. People generally ovulate around 12-14 days before their AF arrives, so you tend to be at your most fertile the day or two before ovulation. In a 28 day cycle, that's a fertile period of, say, day 10-ish to day 13/14ish. However, if your cycles are of differing lengths, it's hard to know. Very very broadly speaking, assuming you don't have a super short cycle (23/24 days) you could/should be ok dtd on day 6-7 of your cycle. For an average cycle, you wouldn't yet be in your fertile period, but it's just very difficult to know unless you have a regular cycle or chart or temp or something. Sorry not to have a better answer for you!
Thanks mysteriousmise. Do you know how soon I can do a test?
A First response test can work 6 days before your AF is due. Assuming that this was going to be a short cycle like I mentioned above, where you might have cause for concern, then that's mean you'd be due to get your AF on day, say, 23. So the earliest you could test would be day 17. That would then be ermmmm today week, to be on the safe side? (This is very, very generalised, and assumes you've a 14 day luteal phase, but it could be longer or shorter. I've just made a very rough guess, sorry!).
lolabelle Posts: 3311
Mysteriousmise is the cycle guru! What she said!! :o0 :o0
Thanks again!! Will come back and let ye know in about 2 weeks!! :eek
Just did a check on my dates. There is 26 days from 1st day of period in july to 1st day of period in Aug.