MOTB in ivory......... YAY OR NAY?!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

C13 Posts: 289
What do people think of this issue? A MOTB in ivory that is?
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
It's fine. Isn't the traditional thing that the only people who should wear white to a wedding are the MOTB and MOTG? My mum wore a black and white (mainly white) outfit at my wedding.
Mari yay Posts: 4045
Wouldn't think too much about it really. I think it's OK.
seedee Posts: 1017
i think it looks lovely actually. complimentary to the bride's outfit.
paperclips Posts: 3146
I'd have no probs with MOTB or MOTG wearing ivory/cream/white
aquamarine Posts: 68
That's a definite nay for me! I have never been to a wedding where the mothers on either side wore ivory or white. I wouldn't, as a guest, wear those colours either. There are loads of other beautiful colours out there that could be worn :-)
Jomcodoodle Posts: 284
Big nay for me too, i really don't think anyone but the bride should be wearing white
lilywhite2012 Posts: 571
[quote="SorrentoWife":2js7rdzg][quote="seedee":2js7rdzg]i think it looks lovely actually. complimentary to the bride's outfit[/quote:2js7rdzg] Me too[/quote:2js7rdzg] Me three. My Mums dress is ivory, she'll gona look great.
Perci Posts: 3847
My mum was in black & white and my mil in ivory. Everyone looked lovely :-)
Drummerswife Posts: 3497
[quote="SorrentoWife":3uq7jkgt][quote="seedee":3uq7jkgt]i think it looks lovely actually. complimentary to the bride's outfit[/quote:3uq7jkgt] Me too[/quote:3uq7jkgt] I agree, I was encouraging my mum to buy an ivory outfit in the end she decidide on a blue one. But I think it would look lovely.