Mother Care Evenings - wud u recommend them?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

babs76 Posts: 1000
There is a Mothercare evening on tonight in Mahon Point in Cork - I've missed all the other ones so i was going to go tonight but I'm so tired today that they thought of it is enough Has anyone been to one of these evenings? what exactly goes on at them and are they really worth it? I'm 27 weeks tomorrow
milis Posts: 7998
definately worth it! they show you different pram systems and car seats, they've a midwife talking for a while.... and the best bit, you get a 10% discount card for your next 9 trips in there!!!
hoodieboodie Posts: 1200
I went to one of them in Dublin and found them useful, good information and the 10% discount card is a bonus. :wv
Daff Posts: 11644
We thought ours was well worth going to - even though we'd already bought the travel system. You learn so much at them about everything and there is a midwife there too, DH loved this bit as he's clueless about babies and she went thorugh basics.
Nadie Posts: 1111
We thought it was well worth it too - even if only for the 10% discount card. But the demonstrations of different buggies and car seats was very helpful, and the midwife telling us how to put them to bed and what bedding to use was good too. Also there's no hard sell at all, you can just up and go home at the end.
Daff Posts: 11644
oh yeh, the 10% discount. That weekend we went back and spent €500 - literally bought everything we needed! Or so i thought, but i keep coming up with new things I want! :o0