Mother of the Bride Outfit

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lilac Posts: 22
Hi! We are going on our first Mother of the Bride shopping day on Saturday. I'm getting married mid-July :) so its time we started to look. We are looking for an elegant but young dress/suit! We have decided to hit the midlands first so will go shop to shop on Saturday and hopefully buy! Can anybody please suggest any shops where we might pick up something a bit different :? There is very little on the web when it come to mother of the Bride.... I'd really appreciaite it!!
ChloeOct06 Posts: 1466
Thanks Chloe! Hopefully we will get it bought on Saturday, I dont fancy doing the circuit of Ireland over the next couple of weekends!!
aoife1 Posts: 333
Hey I'm more worried about my MIL's outfit, as she's very mammyish and will probably pick some horrendous "suit" job with "nice court shoes". My own Mum is kinda funky and I know she'll look great but MIL only has one daughter who's 18, so I feel I should prob bring her shopping myself (I should be martyred for doing this....she is HARD WORK)...we're in Dublin....where's good? I was thinking of ringing ahead and telling the shop assistant to bring out stuff that's modern and I could probably talk her round!!
Sassy Posts: 2269
I went shopping with my mother on sat for my sisters wedding in Aug. We decided to go down to Mc Elhinney's in Athboy as she got a georgous outfit for my wedding last year. What we did was let her have a look around and pick up one or two outfits, bring her to the changing room and then myself and my sister bring over stuff we thing will suit her. I found this lovely suit and when she tried it on, she just loved it, then walked over to the hats and got lovely feathers. Its a great shop, as is has o good mixture and you can get hat, bag, shoes etc to match.
Think we will hit Mc Elhinney's alright, it would be nice to get into a shop where we know she can at least try on a few different outfits! Sounds like you should head with you MIL Aoife, she may appraciaite somebody showing her something different than what she is used to. She may not know what else there is out there without a bit of assistance!
JB Posts: 467
Just bought a copy of the the wedding journal and there are some lovely ideas for Mother of the Brides in there
JB Posts: 467
------------------------------- I posted the same thing twice