Mother of the Bride outfit

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Katie530 Posts: 9
Can anyone advise me where to go shopping for a non typical mother of the bride outfit. My mom is looking for something younger. Any suggestions in around limerick,Cork or Kerry.
CoolInterestingUserName Posts: 326
Not sure about shops in that area but maybe look for a particular brand and see if they have stockists near you? The following brands do a nicer more modern feel for Mums. Aideen Bodkin Laura Bernal Umit Kutluk Fee G
DeeAM Posts: 19
What about Pamela Scott? They have stores all over the country, so you should be able to get to one. My mam has just bought a beautiful dress there for my wedding (no crushed satin in sight!) My brother was married last summer and she got her dress for it in Pamela Scott also. My mam has no interest in the sort of outfits that the bridal shops sell for mother of the bride. She also asked me would I mind terribly if she doesn't wear a hat or fascinator :o0 :o0 hilarious, can't believe she even thought she needed to check that with me!
Panama Posts: 383
My mam got her dress in LK Bennett and a jacket in Hobbs. They are gorgeous and not your typical mother of the bride at all.
izzybee123 Posts: 37
My Mum got her outfit made in Kinsale by Charlotte and Jane. It was a bit pricey but she will definitely wear it again and she looked amazing on the day