mother of the bride outfits

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bx Posts: 288
hi does any one know any good shops were we can shop for m o b outfits? in kildare or dublin? many thanks bx
laobhise Posts: 8
Try the turret behind Powerscourt shopping centre in Dublin. About €1000 full price for an outfit but amazing stuff. There is a really great girl that works there called Louise and she picked an outfit out for my mam which is amazing. They keep a lot of the nice stock upstairs.
Greece Posts: 1800
Wow - €1000 for MOB, thats nearly as much as my dress :eek Id also try Clearys as they have lost of places with a wide selection. Not you typical MOB stuff I suppose, but my mam is very trendy and she got a fab dress tehre for a hell of a lot less. But if ya fancy spending a fortune then maybe also try BT's. x
MrsChuffed Posts: 872
Try Vanity Fair in Newbridge. I'm taking my Mom there on Saturday. It's a lovely shop that just has MOB outfits.
babychic Posts: 27
Hi there Just to let ye know of my experience of that shop Vanity Fair in Newbridge. I found the lady there very unprofessional and to be honest quite rude. She would get my vote for rudest assistant ever! It would definitely put me off going there. My mom just got a gorgeous outfit in Lynch's in Banagher Co.Offaly. She is based in mayo and I had a quick look round Castlebar and Galway. There didnt seem to be much in Castlebar at all. In Galway the best bets would be Nestors, with very little dressey stuff in the other shops. At least alot of the outfits in Lynchs are dressey. Mom got the shoes, bag and has hired the hat and all so she is totally delighted.
MrsChuffed Posts: 872
We were in Vanity Fair a couple of weekends ago, and I have to say it was the best service ever. Over and beyond what was to be expected. My mum's outfit had wrinkles on the sleeves. They said they would steam it for us. Well, the wrinkles won't come out. Some kind of defect with the fabric. They said they couldn't sell it to us in good faith. Our sales woman was absolutely fab. She was completely honest with my mum and helpful. Mum found a lovely pink outfit and hat. We met the sales woman on the street when she was on her lunch. She stopped for a chat with us. I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience, but we had the complete opposite. I would highly recommend Vanity Fair to anyone.