Mothercare Nappy System

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Anonymous Posts: 24542
Hey all, We were in Mothercare today and I spotted something called their 'Reusable Nappy system'. It [i:2qb2invp]seems[/i:2qb2invp] like a happy compromise between old towling nappy hassle and environmental waste hell of disposables. Basically you have something like a washable reusable insert piece. Has anyone used these? Any feedback? I'd be concerned about spillage(!) if you know what I mean; is the outer piece snug like disposables so there's no accidents? Are the a terrible hassle or a really good idea? Would love to know if anyone has feedback or I'm bonkers for even considering. Thanks,M.
silíní Posts: 4219
hi ya! I dont know a heap but there have been several long threads on this topic on this site already. Here are some: Really interested in these myself. but i'm planning to use eco disposables for the first couple of months, till i am more used to motherhood! Then am def going to try the reusables ones. S
Thanks a mil for that, I'll have a read of those and see what they reckon *) Thank you *) Michelle.
Dairy Queen Posts: 3707
They sell these in the centre where I do yoga and I quickly enquired about them. There are loads of different types but one in particular seemed really heavy and I would say would take ages to dry. Maybe someone in Mothercare could talk you through them. Mind you if you are in Cork the staff there are brutal or so I've found. I have a pack of disposibles for the start but really want to use these DH says I'm going to kill the washing machinie with over use doing as much damage as the disposibles would!!
I know, the increase in washing will be a bit ch but that'll happen anyway with vests, babygrows, bibs etc. I'm not too sure about this myself but on one of the forums there was a lady washing them without detergent at high temps- just with vinegar to keep them soft? Hmmm, don't think I'll go that far. But after reading a lot of threads I'm getting more into it as it doesn't seem like all that big of a deal except extra washing. My sister however thinks I'm completely bananas *)
silíní Posts: 4219
Don't worry about people's opinions Michelle, you will always get this reaction if you choose to do something even vaguely different from the norm!!! I'm going to try them too. I know with some of the companies, they have representatives that come out and do demos for you to show you how the nappies work etc and that would be very handy as well. S
Thanks Silini :) You're right, it can just be a bit of a downer, y'know? Sure I can only give it a go- I'm not claiming it'll be perfect and see how I go. Thanks for the kind words *) M.