Mothers!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

moanna Posts: 1081
hi sat here with my mum as OH is on a lads nite. she just asked me 'so how long are you going on HM for, a week? I said no 2-3 if possible , most people go on HM for at least 2/3 wks. then she goes 2/3 wks would you not be board???? As opposed to what my exciting life at home!!!! this is from the one who goes to Lazarotte 3 times a year for the last 6 years!!!! :duh: :duh:
The Hamster Posts: 53
Mine was the same. She also told me today that she's getting botox and fillers done for the wedding; I swear, she's in a mission to look better than I do on the day, I understand that she wants to look week, but she's just taking things too far O:| O:| O:|
Bellisima Posts: 3583
[quote="The Hamster":30a8wqjr]Mine was the same. She also told me today that she's getting botox and fillers done for the wedding; I swear, she's in a mission to look better than I do on the day, I understand that she wants to look week, but she's just taking things too far O:| O:| O:|[/quote:30a8wqjr] Some mammies think its their big day I think!!
Daisywall Posts: 577
mine was similar, she couldnt wait for her big day!!!
Mari yay Posts: 4045
Aw what I wouldn't give to have my mam here giving out about having a long honeymoon :o( go easy on her she is probably just excited!
hadtoleave Posts: 2522
fuzzy123 Posts: 473
I was at a wedding a couple of years ago where the mother nearly looked the same age as the bride we were all muttering during the day wondering had she had work done, of course later on in the night when we were all a bit more worse for wear one of the girls asked her had she had work done :o0 course she said no but she was so taut and pulled looking it was obvious!!
Littlewonder Posts: 66
Take and deep breath and smile! Let it all just float over your head. I would give anything in the world to tell my mam about my dress, my venue...that I was engaged. Cherish the comments driving you barmy!
daisy2012 Posts: 619
My mum is hilarious with the wedding planning - One minute she's all excited and over the top, the next she's like its your day, I won't take over... TBH, I'm actually finding it really funny and I'm enjoying all the banter with her!!!! Its the first wedding in our house, so its a little bit her day and I'm thrilled she's so into it!
roma2011 Posts: 1208
Know exactly what you mean! Mine is great most of the time, and is the best in the world, but I've sadly decided not to include her in any more wedding talk. When I decide on something and then ring and tell her she jumps straight in with a negative comment of some sort (I don't think she even realises she's being negative). I've said it to her a few times but it just ends up in cross words that way. She reckons I shouldn't tell her stuff if I don't want her "opinion" but she doesn't seem to get that I'm not looking for an "opinion", I'm just sharing what's going on, what I've decided on. I don't think she realises how hurtful she's being by dismissing any and all hard work I do on the wedding front with suggestions for "better" alternatives. It's gone to the point where we have big rows and end up hanging up the phone and not talking for a few days which I really hate, so to try keep things on the straight and narrow I'm just going to have to leave her out. That's sad, isn't it. I can't see any other way though. I've tried talking to her rationally and she just accuses me of being mean and anti her opinion. We get on great most of the time I just feel like when it comes to the wedding she thinks she knows it all so much better than me, and could do everything so much better, get every bargain so much cheaper, negotiate so much better. It's being going on for a while so now when she opens her mouth any way negatively at all i jump down her throat, completely out of proportion for what would be said at that particular time, which isn't right either. It's just that from my point of view it's a cumulative effect at this stage so I'm very touchy about it. Och. I don't know at all. :o( Sorry for hi-jacking. Please don't quote this anyone because I'll probably delete it later *just in case*