Motivation

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrsrockstar2b Posts: 92
:o)ll How does anyone find the motivation to actually go an exercise after a day in the office and commuting... i'm having major problems... O:|
Finicky Fi Posts: 2134
Can you fit something in before you go to work? I've my alarm set for 6 in the morning already. It's a really beautiful time (if it's not raining...) and so quiet.
Mari yay Posts: 4045
I get up at 5.20am to drive 50 miles to work. I get home in the evening at about 4.30/4.45. I go STRAIGHT out running with OH, but I did lose my motivation there for a while, so I have started changing it up this week, going for a walk one evening, doing an exercise DVD another day. Its tough, because I am incredibly impatient, and if I don't see the results immediately I lose faith in myself, and I make it so hard on myself. Also, I get bored VERY easily to the point that I can't run/walk the same route too often, don't know how OH listens to me most of the time!! But when you start to see the results, it will be worth it! Good luck!
Alsgal12 Posts: 1411
The thought of looking like a big marshmallow in a wedding dress is enough to get me up off my lazy arse these last few weeks!
Mari yay Posts: 4045
[quote="Alsgal12":3jgr8dxi]The thought of looking like a big marshmallow in a wedding dress is enough to get me up off my lazy arse these last few weeks![/quote:3jgr8dxi] haha +1, and look at my ticker for flip sake!! You should have heard me earlier doing my DVD, telling my back fat to fcuk off!!! :duh:
Finicky Fi Posts: 2134
[quote="Alsgal12":34123jnj]The thought of looking like a big marshmallow in a wedding dress is enough to get me up off my lazy arse these last few weeks![/quote:34123jnj] Good woman! I can't think of a better motivator. I keep telling myself it's about forming a habit. I've gotten into the habit of pre-planning my meals. Now I need to get into a habit of exercising.
Alsgal12 Posts: 1411
yeah finicky I got the food somewhat under control- started weightwatchers in March. Was doing great with minimal exercise- lost 18lbs so far (have about 2 and a half stone in total to lose) but the last few weeks I really hit a wall so have had to ramp to exercise! I think a great motivator is working towards a goal eg the couch2 5k. When I started I couldnt run for a bus!
[quote="MrsSG":35i59ca4]Its tough, because I am incredibly impatient, and if I don't see the results immediately I lose faith in myself, and I make it so hard on myself. Also, I get bored VERY easily to the point that I can't run/walk the same route too often, don't know how OH listens to me most of the time!! But when you start to see the results, it will be worth it! Good luck![/quote:35i59ca4] OMG, that could be me, i'm pretty much in the same boat, i've a 90mile driving round trip everyday which i hate O:| by the time I get home its either 5:30 on a good day or 7:30/8pm or later on a really bad day!!! So i want to do nothing more than :weep and :zzzz: I'm lacking so much in motivation that even the thoughts of trying on dresses this weekend is not enough to make me shut my mouth and stop eating. I don't know what I need to make me get back in to shape. Trying to get down to my weight when i met my H2B so i need to lose about 2 stone, which is not impossible, i've done it before, but i've also managed to pretty much put on about a stone and a half in the last 12 months! Which is surprising considering H2B has ran 2 marathons in that time and i still couldn't be bother exercising. Lost the weight with WW the last time and my lifestyle was a lot different then so i'm totally at a loss, so ashamed and so embarrassed. :duh:
wedjul05 Posts: 5673
I just keep reminding myself of what I felt like when I was 13+stone. I HATED it, hated hated hated it. I thought about my weight all the time, it was consuming my life. It isn't easy to exercise but I somehow find the time: up at 5.30am, leave at 7am for a 1 hr commute to work leave work at 4.30pm, straight to creche to collect kids for 5.30pm. Kids get fed, bathed, changed, fed, bed by 7.30pm. I get ready for the gym/walk and head out the door then. Home at 9.30pm-10pm, have something to eat, blow dry hair (which I HATE doing), bits and bobs around the house/organise lunch for work the next day and bed by 11pm. I exercise 5 nights a week like this. It's a killer tbh and I'm constantly tired but as soon as I get to my target weight, I will take a set back. Can't sustain this lifestyle forever. But I love it, love loosing weight, love being fit, love people thinking 'her, 2 kids...no way, she looks great'. This is what motivates me.
[quote="wedjul05":3ll33g8b]up at 5.30am, leave at 7am for a 1 hr commute to work leave work at 4.30pm, straight to creche to collect kids for 5.30pm. Kids get fed, bathed, changed, fed, bed by 7.30pm. I get ready for the gym/walk and head out the door then. Home at 9.30pm-10pm, have something to eat, blow dry hair (which I HATE doing), bits and bobs around the house/organise lunch for work the next day and bed by 11pm[/quote:3ll33g8b] OMG... seriously how do you function. I have great ideas of being able to do it but I just don't have the will to do it when i get home >:o( I'm so so angry with myself for it. Just priced a gym membership in my local gym, 395 cash up front, 580 by direct debit. Seriously thats like robbery. Another problem I have with it is that my H2B's ex may also be a memer and i just don't want to be near her, considering i haven't met her after all of this time :ooh Its a sad state of affairs really consider, i'm about to become step-mom to 4 of her children. But alas, its another cross to bear.