Mount Carmel Consultants fees

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

tweetiepie Posts: 171
Hi girls, Is anyone going private to Mount Carmel? I had a really good experience in Holles Street with DS, but for a number of reasons we are going the MC route with this babs. I've been phoning around and leaving messages all day to find out the different consultants fees with no joy, would anyone have an idea of the different fees or would they differ much at all between consultants? Thanks in advance! :wv
JQ10 Posts: 41
Hi Tweetipie, I'm attending Valerie Donnelly in the Landscape Clinic, her fees are €3,800. There is also an additional fee of €885 for scans and bloods. I think all the consultants for MC are in around the same price, as far as I can remember when I rang around last year. I would highly recommend the Landscape Clinic - the other consultant there is Gerry Rafferty. Any other questions please feel free to ask!!
Thanks a million JQ10 - I'll give them a shout. Do you know if there are any addition costs aside from the consultant, the €850 and also the accomodation costs? (assuming it's a normal birth that is)..sorry I'm just trying to work out the approx total cost :wv I have seen the prices on MC website but are any of these included in the consultant costs? Thanks again for your help
Apart from the cost of staying in MC (none of the costs mentioned by MC are included in the consultants fees, unfortunately!!), the only other cost we have had is my 30 weeks bloods in MC for €67. I forgot to mention my consultants fees are paid over the 40 weeks, which we have found great instead of having to pay out a lump sum at the end of the 40 weeks - I'm not sure if this is the same for all consultants. I can't think of any other info that you may need - but like I said before, if you have any other questions please ask. I only have 6 weeks to go, so I'll soon know all about the care in MC - from what I have heard from friends you are very well looked after and they have all said they would go back there, which is a good sign!! :)
Thanks again, that's great. I'm the same, I have heard such good things and as we are on a position to do it now with No.2 we thought we would go for it`! Wow 6 weeks to go! best of luck and let us know how you get on!! oh yes, one other question (sorry!) is the Epidural cost covered in the 2/3 night package fee? Thanks! :wv
This I'm not too sure about....in my list of fees from the clinic, the epidural / anaesthetist fees is €500; yet also in my MC price list it states that the package includes the fee towards anaesthetist on call service....must check this out! I'm in the clinic on Monday and will ask then - this is one thing I am not missing out on!! :) I'll let you know once I find out.
Mammy101 Posts: 446
TweetiePie, I'm attending Dr. Pat Tunney (Orwell Medical Clinic). I paid €3600 - this price includes: * ALL visits to him * ALL scans (big ones with the sonographer, and small ones with him) * and also includes a couple of 3D scans + 1 4D video! I [b:1fwou2y8]think[/b:1fwou2y8] he's reduced his prices for 2010 - give his clinic a call to confirm exact prices for 2010. Bloods are done in Mt Carmel (which is a 2minute walk from his office), and are not included in his fees. BTW, I've been looking at Mt Carmel - and it appears that they've also reduced their prices for 2010 by a couple of hundred, depending on whether you go semi-private or private, and the duration of your stay. Check out [url=http://www.orwellclinic.ie/Page%205%20Pricing.html:1fwou2y8]Orwell Medical Clinic Pricing page[/url:1fwou2y8], for an estimate of costs - costs you will only really be interested in, from this page, include: * Full Ante-natal Care * Paediatric Checkup * Pregnancy Blood Tests * Delivery HTH
That's brilliant thanks a million girls, I've had Dr T recommended by a number of girls so I'm def going to go with him if I can. good luck girls :wv ps - Had a dream last night that I gave birth with Dr T in MC and the baby just popped out in 2 mins, didn't even smudge my lippie. :o0
Yipeee all booked with Dr Tunney, have my 1st Appt next week. So excited now!! Just have one other question - with regards to his fees, I forgot to ask on the phone, do you have to pay some of the fee on the 1st appt? (sorry, just trying to organise money!). :wv
Mammy101 Posts: 446
[quote="tweetiepie":3qlv7rix]Yipeee all booked with Dr Tunney, have my 1st Appt next week. So excited now!! Just have one other question - with regards to his fees, I forgot to ask on the phone, do you have to pay some of the fee on the 1st appt? (sorry, just trying to organise money!). :wv[/quote:3qlv7rix] Congratulations! :o)ll When you attend your appointments with him, you usually pay an amount off the bill. When I get home this evening, I'll have a look at see how much I initially paid on my first visit... BTW, how much are you being charged for his services?