Mount Carmel

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

prianon Posts: 75
Has anyone been to Mount Carmel for a check up when they are 9 wks? It will be my first appointment there and apparantly they like to see you when you are between 8-10 weeks.I am just wondering if anyone has been at that stage and what is involved?
noon Posts: 229
prianon, I am going with Mount Carmel, although my consultant Dr Dockary is based in Charlemont Clininc so my appointments will be there. I have my first apmt next Wednesday and at that stage I will be 10.5 wks. Apparently they take blood & do a scan not sure what else. Can update you next week.
thanks for your reply.I will be with Dr.Valerie Donnelly.I didn't think they could do a scan until you were at least 12 weeks?I am probably wrong,thought I heard that somewhere before.I thought if you were before 12 wks it would have to be one of those internal exams? Let me know how you get on.Best of luck.
december29 Posts: 395
hey there Im going to mount carmel too im with Gerry Rafferty who is in joint practice with valerie anyway at the 8-10 week scan they take your details etc and valerie will do a quick scan in her room to check all is ok .....they ask if you have any questions and that is about it you don't have to have your bloods taken until your 12 weeks visit when you have a detailed ultrasound and bloods taken. We heard the babys hearbeat at our first scan which was at wks ....it was very reassuring! make sure you drink as a litre of water before hand!!! best of luck!!! :o)ll
thanks for that.When they did the scan was it just the normal one or was it an internal one?
december29 Posts: 395
all scans are normal ones there....no internals!!!
thanks for that.Obviously one of the many myths I have heard so far!That's a relief!