movement in final wks -remind me !

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bree Posts: 1880
could search this but too lazy to go tru all the returned topics. whats normal in terms of movement in the last few wks? i know the type of movement changes ie.no more bg kicks just squishing about etc.. but how many should we be feeling everyday? my poor babs is being a right laze & with the past 24hrs only moving when i poke it :ooh ... in a nice way ! :o0 !!
Midlands Mum Posts: 871
Morning Bree My babs was very quiet all weekend and i had to ring the hospital, i was worried that she wasnt moving much. They wanted me to go in for a trace but sure enough babs moved then. I checked the net, and my baby books and they all say 10 movements per hours. My baby book says count bumps,rolls or definate movements except hicups?? Dont know why? I think its fairly normal for movement to slow down, their getting fairly squished in there, but so long as your getting the 10 movements in an hour i wouldnt worry. :wv
mariac Posts: 982
the midwife told me 10 movements a day - never knew it was per hour
bree Posts: 1880
o.m.g - 10 an hour? im defo getting no where near that, am lucky if i poked ten movement out of it over past 24hrs! usually its quite til evening then goes mad...but yesterday evening there wasnt as much as a roll! funny u should say about the hiccups mid, cos i felt them this morning & presumed it was okay then....
baby08 Posts: 181
i thought it was 10 movements per 12 hours.... my baby definitely doesn't have 10 movements per hour.
lambnose Posts: 915
10 an hour!! :eek :eek :eek Bree, I'm the same. Babs has defo slowed right down. Wakes up at 10 every night for his/her nightly dancing competition but I really do not feel much movement during the day unless I make a effort to get it moving ie sitting down, cold water etc. Maybe you should be feeling 10 movements an hour but I'm afraid I am no way even close to that tally. :o(
mrscat Posts: 1082
It's not ten every hour, it couldn't be...more like 10 within your active hour as they all have a pattern really.
whackywoman Posts: 1496
Ladies Just did some google research on it It seems to be that we should be detecting 10 movements in 2 hours I must say that I don't know if I detect that many and I would have thought that hiccups count towards it. Some websites that might make interesting reading: - about feeling 10 movements in 2 hours - link to website that you can record baby kicks It can make you worry sometime but I notice that my baby tends to be quiet during the day but goes mad in the evening and at night when I am trying to sleep.
Sorry for freaking ye out girls. I didnt mean to worry anyone. I just checked my book again and it says 10 per hour. Maybe im in active labour like someone said and i havent realised :o0 Ill have a look at the links posted above, maybe they can shed some light. :wv
Mrs Cat - can you just clarify for me what you meant? ''It's not ten every hour, it couldn't be...more like 10 within your active hour as they all have a pattern really.'' how do mean within your active hour - whats the difference between an active hour and not so active hour. Now im confused as well. Cheers