Moving down the country at 36 weeks

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Piggle Posts: 1770
Hey, so we are up and leaving but it wont be until four weeks before the baby is due! I thought it would be sooner, but this is the way it has worked out for us! Do you think it will be a problem for a hospital to take me in at this late stage? I am so nervous now!
katiemomma Posts: 2690
When I was pregnant I was way up the country in college and when I came home I was 32 weeks pregnant. I had been having my appointments in the hospital near the college as I was hardly home. so then at 20 weeks I went to my local doc at home she just sent the letter in to the local hospital and as usual got a letter in the post and had another scan with them as they hadnt been seeing me they wanted to check everything was ok I suppose. anyway once I moved down there was no problem had my usual scans and checkups and it felt as if I had always been there. I would advise to take a trip to where you are moving as most hospitals down the country require a letter from a doctor. I know Dublin hospitals you can call yourself but I dont think thats the case down the country. They are not going to refuse you anyway. Also Im not sure if your going private how that works. I went public and it all worked out fine.
Thank you so much Cataug009, you see I need to stay in Dublin hosp until 36 weeks! So I hope it wont be a problem. I am stressing out over it ,I probably need to just go into my doc and have a chat to them about it!
randomusername Posts: 2134
I was going to say the same as Cat, get onto your GP and consultant and the new hospital too. The new hosp will prob ask you to come visit them to get you used to the place. Also could you maybe try book in down there for a couple of antenatal classes like the tour of the hospital and that? They may want a copy of your chart too so the sooner you get onto them the better hon x
Yeah thats true, I haven't thought any of this through!! See I'd change after my april appointment if I thought I wouldn't go between then and the may one but I can't be sure, So obviously can't change hospitals on the off chance that I'll be in Dublin! Aaaaaaah its so confusing! :) I am doing the antenatal classes in holles street, but I think CUMH give you a dvd with the labour ward on it! Must check that out to!
randomusername Posts: 2134
I'd say they'll be able to do a combined type thing so that you can make your next appointment for wherever you're likely to be at that time but if you get delayed just let them know. I'd say your cons in Holles st might need to do a sign off letter or notes on your chart for CUMH at your final visit though
Momof2 Posts: 3884
Hey Piggle I moved at 36 weeks and it was no problem at all! Just fax all your notes to your new hospital source a new doctor and bobs your uncle! Hopefully the move goes well for you its a stressy time to be doing it! Best of luck Audreys x
curliwurli Posts: 3369
if it's CUMH you're going too then the ante-natal classes get booked up months in advance, mine are on in july and there were people being told these were booked out back in february!!! but if you want any info on the place let me know and i'll try to help.