Moving from UK to Ireland - Benefits Help

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

IndigoMoon Posts: 2842
Ladies I am hoping that some of you might be able to help me. My mam is ill in the UK at present & out on sickness benefit. I have been going over & back to llok after her but to be honest this can't continue. Can anyone tell me where I might find some info on what she would be entitled to if she moved back her. She moved to the UK 35years & I think this is the way forward for us. Many thanks for your help :wv
teapotty Posts: 2085
You're best bet is to talk to someone working in the social welfare department. Apparently they're not too hot on answering phones so you might be better off going into one of the offices in person. Best of luck!
Thanks a mill. Thought that might be the case. Was hoping there might be some wonderful website that would tell me everything :o0
sinead266 Posts: 914
you could try here and ringing them they usually are good at telling you everything you need to know http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories
Thank you
MonkeySocks Posts: 1185
I second going to talk to someone in Citizens Information - they are a wealth of knowledge. I am from the UK and have been living here for 6 years and I know that I could transfer my National Insurance contributions over for certain things (dental and optical) but I think this might have changed in the last budget. Not sure about anything else though I'm afraid...