Moving House-Boxes

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

skybusgirl Posts: 518
Posting here as it might get more traffic, I want to buy boxes for moving house but they all seem to be crazy prices. I mean €100 for a few boxes. Is there anywhere reasonable that does it. Am based in the West of Ireland
the farmer wants a wife Posts: 334
pop into a local business and ask them so some - they will be only delighted for you to take them off their hands!! no way would i pay that for boxes..crazy money!! i would offer u some but im in the east ..sorry
Thanks! Never thought of that1
Littleoeuf Posts: 131
Tesco loaned us a load of the big green plastic vegetable crates when we were moving - very handy as they can hold loads and then you can stack them on top of each other!
mellymoon78 Posts: 89
Where abouts in the west? Should be able to help.
Shannon/Galway :-)
Mrs W Posts: 2923
Ask your local shop in advance to keep some for you. I used to work in a shop and we'd break them up straight away for recycling but if you give a bit of notice they should keep them for you.
AwkwardAnnie Posts: 2191
+1 pop into local supermarkets or businesses - they would only be too glad to give you boxes as it costs them money to get rid of them! A friend of mine was moving recently and went to her local "factory and they gave her big boxes for nothing.
mrsmoo2202 Posts: 1930
Wine boxes are great for moving, they don't get too heavy and are strong enough. I got loads of the inserts too and was great for packing glasses/mugs in. Your local shop should keep them for you!
nekha123 Posts: 1
[quote="skybusgirl":c2a7ecsj]Posting here as it might get more [url=http://www.moving-portal.com/movers-orange-county/:c2a7ecsj]traffic[/url:c2a7ecsj], I want to buy boxes for moving house but they all seem to be crazy prices. I mean €100 for a few boxes. Is there anywhere reasonable that does it. Am based in the West of Ireland[/quote:c2a7ecsj] €100 for boxes? that sounds crazy. Try big stores, they'll be having a lot of such boxes waiting for people to clean it up. Probably they'll ask you to go by midnight and get it collected.