Moxibustion

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

007Babs Posts: 417
Does anyone know where I can have this done to encourage baby out of breech position? I want to go somewhere that works with pregnany women, not just a regular clinic, IYKWIM. Thanks!
pattie Posts: 2379
007 it's a very straightforward procedure so I wouldn't worry once you go to someone that's VHI/Vivas approved they have to be fairly okay. You get the first treatment done by the acupuncturist but as it doesn't involve needles you can continue doing it yourself at home up to 3 times a day till the baby turns. I've heard it's best to start at 34 weeks. I started at 35 weeks and haven't had any luck with it yet, but a certain percentage of babies just don't turn so I wouldn't dismiss moxibustion. I read some clinical study of it on the internet and it seemed to show increased rates of babies turning following moxibustion.
Lady Di Posts: 2487
Pattie's right Babs, if you just go to an approved accupunturist then its very straight forward. I was meant to start it this week but as you know I got lucky and he's turned. The midwife we did our pre natal course with said its the most effective method, she also said the torch is effective. Do you know this method?
Thanks girls. No Lady Di, what is the torch!?
Perci Posts: 3847
Our babs is still breech too. We did our antenatal class on Saturday and the midwife suggested attaching a mung bean to the outside of my little toe as it's a pressure point. I was like WTF?? Not very impressed. I think I'll just let nature take its course and hope for the best.
Thats sort of what I was doing Augusta. The midwife said that if theres a good reason why the babys breech then nothing will make it turn like the chord being too short or something. Babs if you get a torch or actually get your DH to do it. You need to know where the head is but I'm sure you have a good idea. Basically shine the torch to the area where the head is and then slowly move it down your tummy to where you want the head to be, the baby is sometimes meant to follow the light!! Midwife said is the most widely used method in Germany to turn breech babies!
Gosh I must give that a try Lady Di - that would be brilliant if it worked! Augusta, I would try anything that meant not needing a section! :o0 I have an appointment with consultant in 2 weeks and she is going to be examining my options at that stage if he is still breech so I want to make every effort to turn him before that! Mung beans, torches, moxibustion, on all 4s with bum in air - anything!!! :o0
Would they manually try to turn him babs?? The only reason my consultant wouldn't do that with me is cos of my history and all the bleeding and everything...
Lady Di, We are going to be examining options in our appointment on 3rd Oct if he still has not turned. In the meantime I will be doing my best to turn him myself, the little scut!