Mrs March had a baby boy!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs March Posts: 175
Hi there, After going into labour at 2.45 on Friday morning, I had baby Joe at 10.32am on Saturday. A long labour. Got to 7 cm with the breathing and then decided to go for the epidural as the pain was so strong. Have mixed feelings about it as it definitely was bliss at the time but more than likely resulted in more intervention. Couldn't feel a thing when I was pushing and I was upset by that. There was Meconium in the waters too so Doc decided to get baby out after an hour of me pushing to no avail. Got the ventouse and he was out in 30 seconds! Had an episiotomy, loads of stitches but they're healing well now. (Salt water baths are a great help ladies - tip from the Mammy.) I have to say I'm still not feeling wonderful. Very constipated and just been diagnosed with a bladder infection. But it's all so worth it! He is a gorgeous little fella, it's such a thrill to find out the sex after all the hard work! Please please please let the good helpful, positive people in your lives look after you for a few weeks, you will more than likely need their help. My mother, best friend and MIL are being brilliant. Also hubby is amazing. I sometimes feel like a bit of a bum as they do some of the housework or change nappies, but in a few weeks, I'll be physically better and they'll be gon!e so I'm happy to let my body recover so I can take care of little man then. He's just started crying for his lunch! Better go! Best of luck to everyone, read Bumpalicious's birth story, scarily like mine! Will be logging on again soon to catch up on everyone else. x
dovedro Posts: 1295
Congrats Mrs March and hello to baby Joe :o)ll
*Muffin* Posts: 7243
Delighted for you Mrs March, well done.
pluto Posts: 3893
Aw congrats, Mrs March!!! And welcome to the world Baby Joe! That's wonderful news! :thnk
Midlands Mum Posts: 871
congrats mrs march delighted everything went well for you. Joe is such a cute name. Hope your feeling back to yourself soon. :thnk
Delish Posts: 4176
Oh my goodness, I read the first line and thought, Oh that's not so bad, 7 hour labour, and then I read on, oh poor you, keep resting and you'll be as right as rain. Congratulations and well done and welcome baby Joe - Lovely name btw O-O
MrsNoc05 Posts: 1823
Wooo Hooo - Congratulations Mrs and Mr March on the birth of your baby son Joe ! Welcome back and looking forward to a couple of pictures of the little man. MrsNoc
Port Princess Posts: 1154
congratulations mrs march :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll And you're totally right about accepting the help when its offered take it when its on offer :wv
mummy bear Posts: 3824
Congrats Mrs. March and welcome to baby Joe :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll thanks for sharing your birth story too and mind yourself
Bumpalicious Posts: 512
Congratulations Mrs March!!! :o)ll Your birth story is very similar to mine, it's mad! Hope you're recovering well mentally as well as physically, I found the first few days very hard...getting there though! Congrats again *)